Ashley: I think he is 50/50. I can see a little bit of both of us in him. I guess the real reason I say 50/50 is because I am changing my mind all the time. One minute I will see Derek, the next me. It doesn't help that even complete strangers seem to have such strong opinions either way! The other day we were at the doctor and two women we have never met before swore that Marshall was the spitting-image of Derek. I asked for more details and they said they were sorry but he just didn't look like me. The other part of my reasoning is that Derek and I have a few similarities. We both have high foreheads and blue eyes and a rounded nose.
Now here is the funny part about all of this- it is possible for him to look nothing like us! With all the DNA we passed down to the kid he could be completely made up of our recessive genes! So all this talk about "he has my nose and Derek's chin" is just for fun. Overall, Marshall just looks like Marshall.
Derek: Ashley is right, Marshall is Marshall. He looks like Marshall. Thats about all I know. I'm also about the most oblivious person you'll ever meet and I have a hard time recognizing detail. So, I don't see any specific characteristics that make Marshall look like me or Ashley. However, looking at baby pictures of me, I definitely do see a resemblance.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Since you didn't even mention the fact that he looks like ME, I'll have to take a moment to point out the similarity: We're both cute! :)
Okay, fine, Marshall takes the cake in the cute factory...and today I vote he looks like Derek. Love you guys!
I always wonder about my kids as well. Although I have never had anyone say that they think they look like me. It is always "Are you the babysitter?"
I always wonder about my kids as well. Although I have never had anyone say that they think they look like me. It is always "Are you the babysitter?"
I knew it! Marshall looks like Marshall. I had this thought. Did the 16 sets of great, great grandparents know that when they got married all of their genes would combine to produce this one perfect child - Marshall. An amazing idea.
Post a Comment