Marshall and Mama! This picture is to show the height of this kid. He looks tall right? If we had taken this picture with Derek he would look short instead. :) (please don't mind my appearance- I had just gotten back from exercising).
A fun date! When Hilary was pregnant with Morgan Lee surprised her with this fun date where he set up the tent in the living room and they watched a movie. We have always wanted to try it but my parents got us what my siblings have deemed the "mansion tent" for our wedding and it wouldn't fit in our old apartment. Not sure if it would fit in this one either. Anyway, for Christmas I got Derek a two man tent for backpacking and it fit quite nicely in front of the t.v. We watched STARDUST. good flick.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
more than just a scrapbook...
Lately I have been thinking about the purpose of blogging or what I want my blog to be. If I were to ask many of you (you know who you are - grandparents :)) this blog would be completely devoted to pictures of Marshall. Thus, I have made it out to be sort of like a scrapbook where all I do is post pictures and write descriptions. But, I think I have started to view this blog a little like a journal. I am going to print it out some day and make it into a book. This way I, as well as my children, can look back and see what we did week to week and how they've grown! I say they meaning Marshall but one day meaning more :). Anyway, I have decided I might add in an occasional thought or two and I hope you don't mind. No worries, I will always post pictures of the precious ones. Here are some great ones from last week- hope you don't mind the extra commentary.
Sunday pictures! I always like taking pictures on Sunday because we all look so much nicer. I actually try to do something with my hair (please don't tell me if you don't believe me :)) and Derek and Marshall are wearing ties. Anyway, here is a cute picture of my two best men.
And I am going to call this "the classic Walton family pose." If you remember we have posted similar pictures to this- it is fun for me to compare! The biggest change being the precious one of course!
And here is my thought for the post: Have you ever been so into a book that you start having inner monologue when you aren't reading it? For example, after reading a book written by an English author, I caught myself thinking (in an English accent), "Oh don't do that deary" or while cooking, "I shall put in a drop of this and a drop of that and I do rather hope it is to Derek's liking. " :) Now laugh at me for admitting this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Those are some cute pictures! I've never tried watching a movie in a tent - looks fun!
I hope you like the book. ;-)
Wow! You look great! You look like you've lost all your baby weight . . . of course I never knew you when you weren't pregnant, but you look great anyway! Cute family pics!
My problem is waiting until the book discussion to discuss the book I am reading. So I discuss it with myself instead. :) Always glad for pictures of the precious one and thoughts are great too.
Post a Comment