CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 14, 2008

So it begins...

I have had a lot of people tell me lately that life just gets harder and harder as kids grow. Your patience thins, you are more exhausted, etc. This has scared me- up to this point I have just loved being a mother and it is no secret that we are crazy about Marshall! Not to say that time stretches love thin too, but we all know that it is harder to be full of happiness when we aren't full of sleep. :) Well, I don't know that I actually feel my patience waining or even being more tired but I acknowledge that Marshall is in a new realm of his life. Here are some of his latest landmarks:
1- He is sitting up! He can't hold himself up for too long without falling over (funny to watch!), but he is certainly getting there! He was sitting up in this picture because I had walked behind him to get the camera and he likes to keep track of us! Sweet.2-He is finally taking naps! He takes an hour-long nap in the morning and then a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. This is not a flattering picture but a very realistic one!! I don't always nap with him, in fact, I am going to use this time to start catching up on my scrap booking. And I need to get out my new sewing machine too!
3- He is doing a lot of talking. I guess in the baby world it is called gibberish although my Dad claims Marshall knows Arabic. When Lindsey calls and starts talking to me in Arabic I suppose I will have Marshall translate. :) We will put a video up soon of our buddy talking and laughing.

4-He is doing all sorts of new things with his mouth. He likes to suck on his lower lip and makes smacking noises. We think it is quite endearing.

5- He continues to "catch" things. He now wants to be holding something to help him fall asleep. His favorite thing to hold is his yellow giraffe or his mom's hand. Of course the first thing he does upon catching items is put them in his mouth.

6-He is now only taking formula. This is sad for me, but it is necessary. I have intense TMJ pain and I need help. I can't take anything while nursing so hopefully now I can get some relief.

7-Marshall's cuteness if far more intense than anything else though. He continues to make me happy and even if my face hurts too much to constantly smile at him- my soul is beaming.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Ok now I think Marshall looks just like Derek's baby pictures in these new pics, especially the first one!

Jami said...

What a cutie! Isn't this a fun age?

Mom said...

The pictures are so cute. Stop letting him grow up so fast.

Anonymous said...

Actually while one does get tired and out of patience at times parenthood just gets better and better. Some days you have to ignore - and some years :)- but other than that everything is great! What a cutie.

Jenna said...

Sorry to hear about your TMJ...my dad is a dentist, and specialized in TMJ...let me know if you'd like me to ask him any advice for you...

Ian said...

That last picture is priceless. If you guys need anything, let me know!

Weston & Jennie said...

I love that last picture of Marshall. What a cutie!