CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 8, 2007

Randomness...

I just thought it would be fun to add this picture. It was taken last Christmas off of the Cayman Islands. For those of you who know me- I am terrified of the ocean, but I managed to be alright in this shallow water and even kissed this sting ray! This trip was so fun.... ahhh thinking back to when my body was my own. :)
No news on baby news. He is snug as a bug and we dont' think he will make his appearance for a while yet. I am having contractions and extreme discomfort and I can't even get excited about it because I hear a lot of women have this months before they give birth!! AHHHH! I suppose I am a little anxious. :) We find out this week if he is still breeched. I will let you all know... pray for us!
This weekend was a fabulous one! I had Derek the entire time- we watched General Conference here at home on the net all snuggled up on the couch. So much more comfortable than a pew and I was so worried I wouldn't get to enjoy conference! We also had a baby preparation class formally known as Lamaz. They changed the name because Lamaz makes it sounds like I am going to be brave and not have an epidural and this is just not true! Bring on the epidural!!! We still learn breathing techniques to help calm down during labor and they lectures us on what to expect from the birth...let's just say nothing can prepare me for what is about to happen! I am feeling a little more comforted though- not because of the class but because of prayer. I have asked Derek to give me a blessing as well and I know this will help.
A thought, profound to me, entered my head yesterday as I watched conference. Someone was speaking about the fact that God doesn't ask us to do anything we can't do. I was thinking, God told us, and then preceeded to help us speed up the process, to have a baby. Thus, I can do it because he will be helping me. Anyone have any other helpful thoughts that might cheer me about child birth? :)
Enough randomness. As Mom would say, I have given you enough to ponder over for one day... :)

1 comments:

am said...

This is the 3rd time I've tried but I am determined to comment. I loved the pictures. Sorry Marshall is being a little rude - I am certain it isn't on purpose though. :) From your comments on conference I am certain that you are one of the 'women who know' that Sister Beck talked about.