CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Epherage and Phalanges

Well, we had our ultra-sound yesterday and it appears that all our singing has turned baby Marshall into a great position for a vaginal delivery. Only a few of you know of our songs. I will give you two but beware! You might not think them appropriate or funny- but we did. :) Here is the first one- you know the song that goes, "beach baby, beach baby, go for a ride..." well we changed it to, "breeched baby, breeched baby, go for a spin..." And then there is the well known song that goes, "to every season turn, turn, turn..." well we changed it to, "to the cervix, turn turn turn..." Like I said, apparently baby Marshall liked our singing and humored us enough to switch positions, although who knows when he did it?? I do know that I am grateful I don't have to have a c-section.
The ultra-sound yielded some other interesting results. It is hard to get good pictures of the babe when they are all cramed inside of you, but we did catch a few images of his phalanges. It was as if he was waving to us. We also saw the side of his head. The woman doing the ultra-sound informed us that he has chubby cheeks- poor kid looks like his mother!! :) Ultra-sounds aren't always %100 accurate but according to this one he already weighs close to 7 pounds and is going to come a few weeks later than expected. I am tightly grasping the "not always %100 correct theory." :)
And what is this word epherage? Well, honestly I have no idea how the real word is spelled but it is pronounced"f-er-auge" It is a word we learned in our child preparation class this past Saturday. It is where the mother, or her coach, rub the belly in order to distract from labor pain. Anyway, Derek and I were talking yesterday about this very concept and he said, "we should try the espionage thing." He was just a little bit off of the real word- espionage- epherage- they sound...similar...I think.... :) My funny man.
My ending conclusion is that we have no idea when he will come, just how much pain I will experience (if I can even handle it!), or what he looks like. BUT! We do know that he is our precious son that is already loved so deeply.

1 comments:

Jami said...

Exciting! Good luck!