CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

FLOORED!!!!!!!


I just got back from the baby shower that Derek's classmates threw for us. (who knows why all my words are being underlined?) Anyway, it was AMAZING! They had it catered and people brought food. There were about 50 people there. They gave us well over 1,000 diapers plus some other goodies including a beautiful crocheted blanket! They have deemed Marshall the class mascot. So cute! I have to tell you all that even the smallest acts of kindness feed my soul for days, but this was gargantuan amounts of kindness and all I feel is overwhelmed and a sense of awe. PLEASE! Does anyone have any ideas for how I can even attempt to show our gratitude for such effort and kindness? Here are some pictures of the event- I figured out from Michelle's blog that you shouldn't post pictures of people without their permission so this is probably totally aweful of me. Sorry about that! I still need to learn proper blog etiquette. :)


They decorated the student gathering room there on campus. You can recognize at least Derek!
They provided TONS of food!
One of the games was to see who could make the best diaper out of toilet paper. :)
The many many diapers that were given to us. Just saved a ton of money- how wonderful.

1 comments:

Brown Family said...

What awesome classmates!!! Maybe you could include a thank you with a baby announcement. I had someone crochet me a blanket, and I sent her a picture of the baby with the blanket to say thanks.

As for showing pics of others on the Web. Well, if people are around me and see me with a camera then I feel they're game. :) The people who seem to really care about pictures also seem to be the ones to avoid the camera and let you know it. No laws broken, either (I know that from my communications law class -- yes! it came in handy!).

Good luck w/the cold. Sudaphedrine can be your best friend ... don't go for the stuff they sell OTC now as a substitute -- it just doesn't work!