This year for D's birthday I wanted to get him Jazz tickets (seeins how we live so close now :)) and I agonized over which game and what time and on and on. I finally decided to wait and on his birthday tell him that I wanted to take him to a game and for him to choose which one. It was just too much pressure to pick the right team, the right seats, and the right price! Well, I was saved! Heidi and Bryant came up the weekend before and brought with them two tickets to a Jazz/Nuggets game. Derek was so excited and I was really grateful! THANK YOU Heidi and Bryant!
Next step was to get babysitters. We had been wanting to go and see my sister Alyson and her family in Layton and decided this was a good excuse. I called up Aly and asked her if she had gotten Derek a birthday present yet (haha). I told her I had the best idea for her- to watch our kids while we went to the game. She agreed and we scored the opportunity to a game and a few days to visit our favorite Farmers! THANK YOU Farmers! In the end we decided to take Joel. The cute little thang still doesn't sleep well and I didn't want Aly to have to worry about that. I am glad we did because we haven't had the one on one time with him like we have had with Marshall and Elise.
Joel looks just like Marshall. Taking him to the Energy Solutions Arena reminded me of taking Marshall when he was a baby. Marshall was only two months old and cried a lot because of the noise. He wasn't crying when he met Carlos Boozer! Being there really made me miss Grandpa Marshall!
Joel kept leaning forward like this and we kept joking that he was trying to get to the arena. That would have been a long trip though haha.
Love this face! Such a sweet smiley Jazz fan.
Happy Birthday Derek! Thank you Heidi and Bryant and thank you Farmers! I won't say thank you to the Jazz because they lost. Blasted Nuggets.
:)





0 comments:
Post a Comment