CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 23, 2013

When we first moved in...

I know this post is a little after the fact but wanted to express my gratitude for our blessings!  We LOVED living in Riverton but we knew that it wasn't where we were supposed to be.  We prayed and searched and interviewed and almost a few times but nothing was feeling "right."  Then everything fell into place (I need to document that story too).  Derek took a job in Utah and we moved to Spanish Fork.  It was so ideal and happy.  A better situation overall even though we missed our beloved Wyoming, family, and friends.  

But when we got to Utah things were really rough.  Joel and Elise both got RSV.  Elise recovered slowly but progressivly thank goodness but Joel gave us a very real scare.  For a few days we worried and took him in and waited but no improvement.  I remember staying up with him in the night listening to his breathing.  The doctor told us we needed to put him on a nebulizer.  The whole process was quite heartbreaking and I am so so so thankful for modern technology and medicine.  My sweet sweet boy.
 About a week after moving into our rental I was moving boxes in the crawl space and felt my back spasm.  I immediately fell to the ground and could not move.  I called Hilary (so grateful I had my phone!) and she came over and seriously took care of me and my children for two days straight.  I remember at one point laying on the bed and hearing Joel cry, Elise and Marshall fight, Melissa cry for her Mom, and in looking around all I saw was one big half-way unpacked mess!  It was so debilitating!  I have never felt so helpless in all my life.  I am so blessed to have Hilary so close and so so helpful.  I could not take care of my family and she did.  The ward was awesome too!  Most of the ladies who helped had never even met me.  They brought us dinner and took me to my dr. appointments.  I really wish I could have met them under better circumstances!  It was a real blessing to feel so taken care of when life was so hard. 
And on a happier note these two cuties playing dress up- they are super spies.
This experience taught me a great deal.  Talk about blessings in trials. 

0 comments: