Updates on the Marshall Man:
I am not traumatized!: I handled the shots- I can handle anything!! Alright, I admit it. I hid behind Derek through all three shots. Thus, IDiscovered: Shots are definitely harder for me than for Marshall.
Marshall is a big boy!: Marshall is in the 90% for height and 75% for weight.
Blasted Thrush is back: This poor kid has thrush again! This means that I have thrush too. Lets just say thrush hurts. A lot. Thank goodness for fast working medicine!
Which is better?: A kid that sleeps through the night but doesn't nap during the day? -OR-
A kid that doesn't sleep through the night but takes excellently long naps? My child is the first. Hallelujah for 8 hours of sleep! I haven't slept that long or well since before I was pregnant, but a kid that doesn't nap doesn't leave me much time to do things in the day. Oh, well. I am grateful.
Landmarks: 1-Continues to look at his fists and his new favorite thing is to look, eat them, look, eat them... 2-He laughs a lot more. Can I just say that his laugh is the sweetest sound? 3-He fits in some 6 month clothing. 4-he turns his head to watch us walk across the room.
Happiness factor: OK, lets be honest. Everything about Marshall makes me happy. But just about the most pleasant thing in our world is when Marshall smiles at us. His entire face lights up and in turn, the entire room as well as my entire soul. Ahhhhhh.....I'm in love.

7 comments:
It's so hard to just sit by while your kids get shots. How nice of Derek to be there for his buddy! And as for Marshall's being in the 90th percentile for height...What else do you expect when the kid has seen more Jazz games than any other kid his age and has even met some of the players?!!
I admit...I was the same way with my first "shot day"...and second, and maybe even third... (: It does get easier as time goes on. However...one I'm not sure I'll do again is watch the circumcision...lets just say, I almost fainted...(poor little guy!)
WHAT Doctor in his right mind let you watch a circumcision!!!?? I would forever have nightmares!!!
Wow! He is getting so big! Oh, and about the circumcision comment . . . our doctor said that we weren't allowed to watch that because of law sutes! OK, what exactly does that mean!?
No mom likes shots! But, like Jenna said, they do get easier. It is really fun when they start smiling and giggling. It doesn't really seem like that long and yet on the other hand it feels like a lifetime since I lived in Cali.
hey ashley...we actually got to not go to the doctor, per se..I walked into the waiting room to make an appointment and it was PACKED. as I told the receptionist that my baby had thrush and I needed to see a doctor, the nurse standing next to her said, "no need to come in. just go to the pharmacy and get "gentian violet." you don't need a prescription but you have to go to the pharmacy." "what about for me?" I asked. "Lotrimin. like for athlete's foot." :) so, I tried them both, and they seem to be working. hooray for not having to pay a co-pay at the doctor!
As a side note, I've talked to a few other people about it, and some of them had doctor's who went for the treatment you guys are doing, because the purple junk IS really messy. so hooray for both of us.
have a great day!
So glad shot day is over. At least for a few months. How nice Marshall is tall. When he gets bigger he can get things out of the cupborad for you when Derek is at work. :)
Post a Comment