CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

RENOWNED AND WELL-TRAVELED

We are home now and Marshall can tell you that we had an awesome vacation filled with people and events. Here are 8 of those events-happenings that are special to us. They are in no particular order:
1. Watching my Mom with her two newest grandchildren-Marshall and Annie (Brandon and Michelle's newest addition). Sweet!

2. The Christmas Pageant put on mostly by my neices and nephews. We all agreed that the most memorable part was when someone said (upon seeing Cayden rough housing with Morgan), "I don't think that Joseph should beat up Mary." Of course Marshall had to be baby Jesus! (he alternated with baby Annie- so cute!)

3. Marshall was blessed at my sister Alyson's house in Layton, Utah. Almost all of the immediate family came and it was too much of a special and deep feelinlg experience to express in words.

All 5 of us kids!

4. Marshall now smiles a lot more! We have a ton of cute ones like this!!

5. We went to Bar-Jay Wranglers while visiting Mom and Dad Walton in Riverton, Wyoming. About the time we went to this concert I was thinking that I didn't like the snow and cold of my favorite state. This concert brought me back to the reason I love Wyoming so much- we are a low-key chill state. There isn't a lot of stress or materialism- just simple fun.

6. I got to have Derek for a whole two weeks with no interferences of real life including his school work! We danced on the ornate deck my brother designed and built for my parents. It was covered in beautiful green lights and with the snow falling all around it was screaming romantic!
fun family pic taken on Christmas Eve.

7. The Utah Jazz game!! Mom and Dad Walton took all us kids to watch the Jazz beat the Trailblazers on New Years Eve. Unfortunately Marshall didn't like the game at all even though his cute Boozer Jersey made him look like a true fan. He cried the entire game because of the noise. Thankfully the after game excitement made up for it. Derek's grandpa Marshall (who Marshall is named after) works for the Utah Jazz. His assignment is right across the hall from where the player's family goes to watch the game. We went to see Grandpa after the game and got to watch the players leave the locker room to meet up with their wives, girlfriends, kids, other family. We got to get autographs, pictures, videos, and even a few hellos from the players. The most memorable experience was when Andrei Kirlenko said to his wife in his strong russian accent and pointing to Marshall, "Boozer's Buddy!" This is now the Walton's nickname for Marshall. It was also cool to get a picture with Boozer himself! Hooray for my favorite player!! The other experience was kind of funny. Grandpa's friend let me use this room attached to where the player's family watches the game to feed Marshall. It is a playroom as well as a place where they can go if they need to nurse their babes. While I am finishing feeding Marshall Deron Williams comes in to change his kids diaper. He was scrounging around looking for something and I asked him if he needed a diaper. He didn't. The picture below is of Kirilenko and the newest player Kyle Korver. Kirilenko was setting Korver up on a date with the burnette in the picture. All the players were headed to Kirlenkos for a new years party.
Boozer baby!
8. And finally, we loved watching everyone meet Marshall for the first time. I wish I could put more pics on here as he met a lot more of our favorite people than this but this is already insanely packed with pics. The first one is Marshall meeting my Dad.
Marshall with Great Grandpa Marshall.
Marshall with Grandpa Walton.
Marshall with Great Aunt Karen.
Marshall with Great Grandma Walton
We hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog. I love all of these pictures. I especially love to see Marshall smile. 00ps - I mean to see Boozer's buddy smile.

Hilary said...

Derek, when did you get so short? Oh wait, I guess that's what happens when you stand next to a basketball player! Too bad you didn't have Boozer sign a diaper. :)

Hilary said...

And did I mention how absolutely adorable your son's smile is! Man he's cute!!

Mom said...

Our bishop's brother-in-law was the MC at the New Year's Eve party the Jazz players were going to.
We had a great time having everyone together. Too bad Holly and family couldn't be there too.

Jessica said...

How fun. You and your siblings all look so much alike. I love it.

Leslie said...

You guys are so adorable! I loved reading about your trip. And the pictures of Marshall-well, I can see how you can't get enough!

Holly said...

We're sad we missed all the fun and excitement. Maybe we can do a repeat next year!

Brown Family said...

The pic of Marshall w/his great grandpa is GREAT!!! Which one is happiest about meeting?

And you may want to stop calling him Boozer's buddy before he enters high school ... ;)