CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

My favorite place on earth!

The Wyoming mountains will always be (next to the temple and home) my favorite place in the world. Even as a young girl backpacking with my Dad I appreciated the beauty and quiet reverence of the Wind River Mountains. They make me feel peaceful and "at home." After getting married and then moving away to go to school I have not been able to visit the mountains as much as I want to. This last trip I got to see two different sides of the Wind River Mountains! And best of all we got to introduce Marshall to them!

A Day Hike in the Popo Agie Mountains
We hiked to a waterfall that was perfect for sliding down. We backpacked Marshall in and he was a trooper and stayed in it happily (or semi-happily) for most of the time. We hiked in with Heidi, Parker, Parker's friend Riley, and Mom Walton.





The Wind River Mountains Lodge
My parents rented a cabin for us for a few days and we got to spend time at this lodge/campground. We had a horseshoe tournament, played card games, read books, some of us swam, looked at horses, ate good food, enjoyed the scenery and my sweet boy...







3 comments:

Mr & Miss Guided said...

Love the pictures! Especially the one you have on top - gorgeous one of Marshall with the mountain in the background

Linds said...

I love that picture of Marsall!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the Wind Rivers. We just made that top picture of Marshall our new wallpaper.