Here are some of the cutest things Marshall does to show us his enthusiasm for baseball:
*Marshall still wakes up every morning wanting to watch baseball and in case you didn't know the universal sign for baseball is vigorously clapping your hands while pointing to a screen and making throwing motions with your hands. In fact he does this whenever he sees any t.v. or computer- EVERYWHERE we go.
*Carrying his baseball glove around. Just this very morning we couldn't leave the house without it!
*Shrieking quite loudly whenever he sees stadium lights or anything resembling a baseball field.
*Requesting his baseball shirt (again I know because of the universal signs he is showing me while getting dressed :)) and baseball pajamas.
*Handing me a plastic baseball bat and then "pitching" the ball to me. Derek taught him this game and if you know my son you know he has QUITE the good arm. It is surprising what good accuracy he has. I am holding out for him to be a pitcher.
Having said all of that-here are some of our most recent "baseball pictures."
-We took him to a baseball game- Angels vs. Oakland A's. Here he is singing "take me out to the ball game" during the 7th inning stretch.

This is the mitt I was talking about- a present from Mom and Dad Walton (he loves it!) Here he is all geared up to catch a home-run ball. Poor kid. We didn't tell him that no ball would reach us in the nosebleed seats we were in plus it would have been a foul ball. :)

I love that baseball is something we ALL enjoy. I am either in trouble if I have a girl or she will just have to like baseball too. :)

If you say to Marshall, "Go Angels!" This is his reaction:

Playing catch on our patio-

In his favorite baseball shirt and just a dang-cute picture of the kid-

In his big-boy bed and baseball sheets! These are Red Sox sheets from my mission passed on to Marshall. :) This is another transition- he has figured out how to climb out of his crib!

And finally, my fabric for Marshall's big boy bed! Of course I had to do a baseball theme! I thought about doing trains but trains is something you grow out of and I am hoping he never gets tired of baseball. Ok, so here is the question. I think all of the farbric fits together beautifully except maybe the light blue. Come on all you sewers out there- Can I pull it off? Or should I go get navy blue?

9 comments:
What? Marshall is in a big boy bed! Wow! It was just so cute to see him sitting in that bed and think of him sleeping there. No more Baby, Baby Marshall... :( (And by the way, sorry I can't really help with the quilt colors. I think they look nice, but I'm not good at that sort of thing.) Thanks for posting baseball game pics right away! Do they have pee-wee baseball starting at age two down there? Just checking. :)
I can't believe how fast he is growing up! I think the colors on the quilt look great!
Light blue? Am I missing something? I don't see light blue ...
What a cute boy. Funny how obsessed kids get with certain things. As long as you feed the obsession, he'll never lose it! :)
Ashley,
I think you'll love the quilt even with the light blue, but yes, I think a navy would look better. I'd stick with the colors found in your main fabric. The other colors should compliment it. Call me if that doesn't make sense.
Thank heavens for a sister who can provide good quilting feedback. Way to go, Aly!!
I notice that Marshall still has cheetah and blanky in his big boy bed. - Thank goodness he is not all grown up yet :) What a cute quilt you will have. I would have only had one fabric - you new quilt makers are all beyong me.
OOps - I meant beyond me. I think blogs need spell check for the spelling challanged.
I would do a navy blue. Light blue is is to much of a soft cool color. The navy will compliment the dark cool colors :)
Looks great! have fun!!
Post a Comment