This past week my Dad came and stayed with us. It was so nice to have him here. He taught me how to use the census for family history and I showed him the new family search program. He found over 50 people while he was here. Exciting!!! He also did a lot of playing with Marshall. (and calmed me down in the midst of a HUGE crisis- see the end of this post). He even took Marshall for a walk in the rain:
-
He took us shopping and bought Marshall this car! Every time we visit Aly and Brad or Holly and Jeremy, Marshall loves to get in and out of their cars so this was the perfect gift. Dad and Derek assembled it with the help of Marshall. :) He couldn't wait for them to finish and started playing in it right away. We also got a new grill and grilled up some super yummy steaks! Thanks Dad!
-
Derek had a killer pharmacology test this past week and so we worked on making him note cards. Dad was a big help and Marshall sat by Grandpa and chewed on pens and scribbled on paper- and a little bit on the table.
-
It really doesn't take long for Marshall to warm up to his Grandpa Ross. They are always best buds in no time. We miss you Dad and can't wait to see you and Mom soon!!
-
Have to add in my most memorable moment of the week although I didn't get a picture of it: The night we grilled steaks I knocked over a can of paint that was sitting on the book shelf in our living room. It got all over the bean bag, wall, book case, and carpet. I, of course, freaked out and thought about all the money it was going to cost us. Dad didn't panic. He put Marshall in his crib to play (and stay out of the way) and got to work helping me clean it up. While I expressed my stress he calmly told me to just laugh it away. He reminded me of the talk by Elder Wirthlin this past conference, "Come what may and love it." That whole day had been rough and the paint just topped it off but somehow my Dad's words soothed me and the rest of the night was quite pleasant. And I can happily tell you that there is no trace of paint in the carpet- carpet cleaners are the bomb! Thanks Dad- you're the best!
-He took us shopping and bought Marshall this car! Every time we visit Aly and Brad or Holly and Jeremy, Marshall loves to get in and out of their cars so this was the perfect gift. Dad and Derek assembled it with the help of Marshall. :) He couldn't wait for them to finish and started playing in it right away. We also got a new grill and grilled up some super yummy steaks! Thanks Dad!
-Derek had a killer pharmacology test this past week and so we worked on making him note cards. Dad was a big help and Marshall sat by Grandpa and chewed on pens and scribbled on paper- and a little bit on the table.
-It really doesn't take long for Marshall to warm up to his Grandpa Ross. They are always best buds in no time. We miss you Dad and can't wait to see you and Mom soon!!
-Have to add in my most memorable moment of the week although I didn't get a picture of it: The night we grilled steaks I knocked over a can of paint that was sitting on the book shelf in our living room. It got all over the bean bag, wall, book case, and carpet. I, of course, freaked out and thought about all the money it was going to cost us. Dad didn't panic. He put Marshall in his crib to play (and stay out of the way) and got to work helping me clean it up. While I expressed my stress he calmly told me to just laugh it away. He reminded me of the talk by Elder Wirthlin this past conference, "Come what may and love it." That whole day had been rough and the paint just topped it off but somehow my Dad's words soothed me and the rest of the night was quite pleasant. And I can happily tell you that there is no trace of paint in the carpet- carpet cleaners are the bomb! Thanks Dad- you're the best!

8 comments:
Your Dad rocks. That must have been so awesome to have him there. I love the car that is the best gift ever. look at all marshall's blond hair it is so cute.
I'm not really sure who enjoys these visits more -- Marshall or your dad. :)
Can't WAIT for the new genealogy program to be available in Utah. It's so popular that they STILL won't let us Utahns use it so we don't overpower their servers ...
I think Marshall should just get in his car and drive up here. Then he could help dad vacuum:)
I thought that it never rained in Southern California. Hmmmmm.
-b
At first I thought the special visitor was going to be the RAIN. :) What a sweet Dad!
I am SO glad the paint came out of the carpet. I never would have thought a carpet cleaner would be able to do that. AWESOME!
That is so cool that your dad is like that! He seems like a really great guy :)
Wow! How'd you get the paint off? That's a secret you should share. We have a very special Dad, don't we Ash?! So glad you enjoyed his visit. :)
Love your table!
Post a Comment