CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A signing stud!

A signing stud is what Marshall is! My two older sisters both signed with their kids and it really helped them understand their kids when it was still hard to communicate (the grunting-pointing-crying stage). Well we have tried to teach Marshall a few of these signs and he has finally caught on!!! The words we have worked the hardest on are "more" and "help." We have also encouraged "please" and "all done." I am currently trying to teach him "thank you" and "food". He signed "more" for the first time last Friday and he tries hard to remember the sign for help. It is SOOOOO adorable, and even more, SOOOOOO rewarding. Here are a few of our many attempts to catch him signing "more."

By this picture he was like, "give me the graham cracker already!"
And here is using a more commonly used sign. Marshall is getting good at waving and he has been slapping five for a few months now. What really excited me was yesterday when he started nodding his head while I am talking to him. It really makes you stop and think about what you are doing when your kid starts copying you. I had no idea I nodded my head when I talked to him.
Yeah, he is basically a full-blown toddler. No more of the baby stuff. Just today I packed away all the baby blankets. Where does the time go?

6 comments:

Linds said...

He can't be a toddler yet! Oh that is so sad! I'm so excited he is signing. How cute! What a smart little boy!

Unknown said...

Oh that is great that he is getting the signing thing down. He is growing up so fast. -shonee

Erin said...

Way to go Marshall! That is great that he picked up sign language. He is growing up so fast...I remember when he was born!

Anonymous said...

I want more 'Marshall Man' forget the graham crackers. What a cutie.

Hilary said...

Very cute boy. Thanks for the pics. :)

Marissa said...

That is so great! How early did you start?