CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Looks a lot like progress...

We are definitely in a whole new naughtiness stage! Marshall can now open doors, load the toilet with toilet paper, and color on furniture. (yes the first two are interrelated)

But, happily, he also has made leaps and bounds with sign language. He now signs PLEASE and THANK YOU. The trouble is getting the right sign at the right time. He will want more food and say help instead of more and has figured out that signing please will just about get him anything. We coach him along by telling him the right word and then he signs the correct sign. I am soooo grateful we did sign language. It has cut down a lot on the pointing and screaming.

And more progress to report is that MARSHALL POOPED IN THE POTTY!! Admittedly a fluke but still so exciting! Basically we knew he was going to poop so we sat him down on the pot to do it. We pulled the potty out because Derek pointed out that if we start teaching Marshall what a potty is for now he will have a smoother transition when its time to train. We aren't pushing anything but its fun to ask him if he wants to sit in the potty only to have him go to the potty, lift the lid, and stick his feet in. :) Out of respect for Marshall as an adult I refrained from posting his nakey-self on the potty even though the pics are quite adorable.

The following are cute pictures of Marshall throughout this past month- he is getting so tall and so smart. Its hard to even call him a toddler when I am starting to view him as "kid!"

-wearing Mom's sunglasses-
-favorite part of the night routine-

-Marshall's curiosity often gets him into trouble- poor kid got stuck-

-has to do everything Mom does so here he is hanging out by the ironing board-

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Totally cute blond hair on that kid! I wonder if/when it'll turn darker?? I also find myself wondering (after reading about him pooping in the potty and then seeing the pic of him in the bath) if you have yet had the joyous experience of your child pooping in the bathtub. Seems I dealt with that a few times... (Here's hoping no one is eating while they're reading your blog!) :)

Anonymous said...

Marshall is one cute (albeit totally normal and naughty) kid. Love you new picture.

Aubrey said...

too cute that blonde and blue boy! I also love all your new pics on the side bar of you guys at the beach!

Linds said...

I love the new picture too! I can't believe how big that little one is getting! I'm glad the signing is working.

Brown Family said...

LOVE the new pic as well. I had to laugh, though, that the top pic and the one of "us" is almost identical ... sans that cute kid of yours!

Signing is awesome w/kids. Too bad I forget to teach mine more ... (funny seeming how I used to 'terp. Go figure!)

Matt and Jessica said...

Is he just the cutest kid or what!?!? i love the picture with him and Derek walking to the trash...i love it. and those blue eyes are to DIE FOR!!!! all of your guys'!!