CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Mama's Big Helper

Helper is such a relative term especially when you are talking about the help of a 15-month old.. This kid of mine is into whatever his Mom is into. Since he makes such a big mess I am into vacuuming at least once a day. Our friends gave Marshall a vacuum for his birthday and when I whip out mine, he whips out his and gets to work rolling it back and forth over the carpet. Some kids are scared of the vacuum- I wish mine was. His new thing is to turn it on for me- yes big helper but then he turns it right back off and then right back on and then right back off-you get the picture. This pattern continues and actually looks quite comical: me running away with the vacuum with Marshall hot on my heels with his finger extended reaching for the ever turning on and off red button. Sigh. Here is the little stinker modeling his vacuum. And of course he had to help me rack up leaves in the backyard. Same sort of issues ensue- he sees Mama racking and he demands the rack and mimics my motions by pushing it back and forth along the pavement. Not exactly effective but nobody is going to tell him that.
And here we are mopping and sweeping. He is feeling very lucky in this picture because he is usually not allowed in the kitchen because of his strong desire to pull things out of drawers, turn on the oven, unload sharp and heavy dishes out of the dishwasher, and lets not forget tip over the garbage can.
I just hope that this sweet guy still wants to help his Mama when he is actually old enough to understand why I am cleaning. A disturbing thought just raced across my mind- he helps me clean so much because he sees me cleaning so much. And I am remembering my goal to enjoy and live in every moment with my cherished one. So, I guess if I am going to clean he might as well clean with me- not exactly effective but its quality time for Marshall and Mama.
And I must say here that while we keep house Derek is super busy at school studying for his many tests, preparing for his many proficiencies, and finishing his many projects. It is nice to keep busy in the home as it is hard to be away from him! Thank goodness we have awesome visitors like my Dad!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Cute pics -- I love the last one of you holding Marshall. Hey, here's a quick funny...The cursor on my computer turns to a hand when I scroll through your blogs. Well, when I was reading through this blog, I looked over and my little cursor hand was pointing right at your behind in the raking picture. It was a good laugh. Maybe you had to be there... :)

Matt and Jessica said...

I love all the pictures... Christmas looked like it was so fun, and yes ours wasn't complete without your family dropin. that was the best. I saw the pictures of your house and got homesick. So don't you wish the toy vacuums really worked!!! I love the picture i got in my head about him chasing you around. oh and i also got jealous when i saw you in shorts;) You guys are so cute.

Brown Family said...

Yes, if only their "help" really was help when they are little, because they definitely outgrow it!

And he's having fun, so why not get what cleaning done that you can? Somehow I peg you to be the type that wouldn't be happy without cleaning, so clean away! :)

Linds said...

Cute little guy! I really wish I had that much energy right now!

Weston & Jennie said...

I love the new picture up top. Marshall has such a cute face.

Anonymous said...

You have got to 'marshall' that energy someplace. :) So cleaning sounds good to me.