CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our World

The other day someone asked me what I do all day. I am not about to list the activities that take up my day but I thought I would keep you all up to date on what we are up to. So I broke it up by family member. :)
Derek is, of course, busy with school and its funny, but I don't ever take pictures of him studying. Nope! The camera only comes out when he is busy being a fun Dad (which is all the time). He loves to bounce Marshall and make him laugh. This time Marshall spit up a little bit of his lunch on his papa! Haha (bring back memories Dad Walton?)
Derek also participated, this week, in a mustache bash put on by the school. It is a contest that some people prepared weeks in advance. This is growth from only a week so you can't see it that well. It is the same look that Dad Walton has on his wedding day. Awesome. Don't you love Marshall's face in this pic?
Ashley is busy with new projects! My newest project is this fun quilt! It is my first ever and I am so excited! Derek got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I have been making good use out of it. I will keep posting pictures as I get more done.

I am also busy with my little buddy! We try to have a schedule throughout the day. We play, read the Ensign, laugh, eat, sing silly songs, go for walks, talk to each other while I try to get things done. I would be so lonely without this cute guy with Derek being so busy at school. Sometimes I will be concentrating really hard on making dinner or typing an e-mail and Marshall starts making cooing noises at me. When I look over at him he gets so excited and starts flailing his arms and smiling! His whole world is made when you pay attention to and smile at him!
Marshall is busy growing, smiling, laughing, and discovering the world around him. This week he has: been fed rice cereal, rolled over front to back and back to front, discovered his reflection in the mirror, and of course, has been flippin adorable!



The best part of our world is hanging out together. If you were a fly on the wall during family time you would most likely see Derek and I transfixed on our little guy and laughing. Laughter is my favorite part of our world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your world. I must admit though that Marshall is one of my favorite parts of it. So glad for blogs since I can't be there with you.

Brown Family said...

Was there a prize for this mustache-growing contest? If so Paul needs to enter -- that's what he looks like after two days of not shaving, if not just one!!!

Your quilt looks great. I like your colors. I helped my niece make one for my parents a couple of years ago, but I didn't like the colors much, and that made the quilt not turn out as well as I had hoped. So good work on that one! One day I may make a quilt ...

Marissa said...

Ha Ha...Maleelah did the exact same to Michael when she was little, Michael was bouncing her around and whoop! There goes lots of spit up...lol. I love it, Marshall looks so cute in all the pictures. I love your quilt...I have always wanted to make one and just don't know how to sew...thats whats stopping me..lol :) I did get use out of my sewing machine by reupholstering my chairs..other than that..its all dusty. :) Hope your week continues to go well...hey had a quick question, do you exercise by yourself or with marshall? I am trying to find a walking buddy. :)

Stacy said...

Your not a Stalker! I have clicked on your blog a couple times. But I didnt want to say anything because i havent really had a chance to talk to you. Me being stuck in YW. But IM glad i got to kinda talk to you the other night! Marshall is so cute!

L-D Sus said...

This is your brother Brandon...

Derek didn't seem too grossed out by Marshall's spit-up. This brings up a question:
How come "bodily stuff" from our own children is just mildly gross, whereas "bodily stuff" from other people is super gross?

Lindsay said...

Hi Ashley! My dad served his mission in Toronto Canada from Jan 1975 to Dec 1976. I told him that Elder Ballard was your mission president's mission president and he mentioned two names- Ludlow and Mullins. Were either of those your mission president? My dad trained Elder Ludlow and Elder Mullins served as assistant to Elder Ballard at the time.