CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

GREAT Grandpa Marshall

This past weekend Mom and Dad Walton flew us out to SLC (THANK YOU!!) to see one of the greatest men I know, James Kay Marshall. He is Derek's Grandpa and the man Marshall was named after. He has been suffering from cancer but his spirit is still so sweet. Being with him makes me feel so happy and warm inside. He has been in and out of the hospital but is now able to be home surrounded by people that love him. I like to think that Marshall has his sweet disposition. This is the same disposition that my husband has- patient, kind, and loving. Even though he is only my grandpa through marriage I consider him my very own grandpa and I am grateful to the family for sharing this wonderful man with me.
From the moment we got to Grandma and Grandpa Marshall's house, Marshall would not take his eyes off Grandpa. They just stared at each other. We kept trying to get Marshall to look at the camera but after failing to do so we realized that the true picture held the sweetest treasure. It was as if Marshall really knows Grandpa and that they share a special bond. Here is one of the pictures we will always treasure while we tell Marshall about his GREAT Grandpa Marshall. We love you Grandma and Grandpa Marshall! On out trip we were also able to see Holly (Derek's sister) and her children, as well as Heidi (Derek's sister), Mom Walton, Grandma Walton, Aunt Karen, and Mom Walton's sisters. It was so wonderful to be with family! Here is a picture of Marshall with Holly's youngest, Kenzie.
And here is pretty Holly with her two dolls.
On Saturday my sister picked me up and I got to go to the temple with my parents as well as my sisters Hilary and Alyson and their spouses. This experience was one I will always keep close to my heart. Aunt Lindsey watched Marshall. Adam and Isaac helped. :)
This past weekend really reiterated to me what life is all about, the joy of relationships, the joy of family. We are so grateful to have such wonderful people in our lives.

6 comments:

Jami said...

He IS an incredible man, isn't he? He is the best daddy I could have ever hoped for. I'm glad you got to spend some time with him. The picture of Marshall looking at Dad is so sweet.

Brown Family said...

I'm so glad you got that of them staring at each other. That's way more telling than if they both looked at the camera and smiled. That's great!

So glad you got to visit family. I always loved that when I lived away from mine!

Michelle said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you had such a good weekend.

The Shelton Family said...

I glad that you were able to spend some good time with grandpa Marshall and I am glad that your back now!

Linds said...

Hi Ash,

I reset up my account using my UW email. So now I can comment. Your blog looks so pretty!

Hilary said...

I love the picture of Marshall starring at his great-grandpa. I was blessed to get a picture of Morgan with each of her grandparents before they have passed away.

Where did you get the new blog layout? I love it!