

So, when it comes to parenting we fall into the category that try and try and then wonder if any of what we are teaching is getting in. It is SOOO exciting to see the fruit of our labors! Why does this sound familiar? Oh, because thats life- work hard, have it rough, then see the blessings. Thats faith!
Anyway, tonight for family home evening we told Marshall it was time to share a scripture and he excitedly volunteered. He ran into his bedroom and grabbed his, "special scriptures," as he calls them, and then asked me where Ammon was. I directed him to the right book and he started his "reading." He said, "Alma was being naughty so the angel came and said, "Don't be naughty!" and them weren't naughty anymore!" We have been telling Marshall this story for scripture study the past few nights and this was his interpretation of it. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! They can be taught! They really do listen! They really do remember! HOORAY!!
Other cute Marshallisms:
~When his toys have to go in time out he says, "No, I need them! Them are special to me!"
~Whenever I leave to go anywhere without him he guards the door and exclaims, "No that makes me sad you leave! I like you! I love you! I need to spend time with you!"
~Randomly he will tell us, "Thank you for everything!"
~Marshall always says good morning to Elise and all throughout the day he will say, "I love you Sister" or "I love you Elise"
~He informed me the other day that Elise is his friend and that she makes him happy. He will often tell me too, that when she is bigger she can play with him and then he lists off things they can do together and things he will teacher her. He told me he was going to teach her to read and to walk. Warms My Heart!
Elise is growing so big! She is really smiling and "talking" to us now. Very fun! She is becoming quite the chunk-I love it! I know I should just say thank you when people tell me how cute my kids are but all I can do is say, "I know, aren't they!"


6 comments:
I love it too! It is especially great how Marshall loves Elise.
OH, thank you, thank you, thank you for the new Marshallisms! Ahhhhh. Perfect. Also, love the new family picture. It is special to me. This is Linz. I'm on Aly's computer. What gave it away? :-)
They are adorable! I'm so glad Marshall loves being a big brother! Emma had that same onesie that Elise is wearing.
can't wait to see the kiddies, don't let them grow up
Just caught up with reading your blogs. How could I ever have let it go so long? Love all the cute cute pictures and your journal writing. Thanks for sharing. Can hardly wait to see you and your three darlings again, Ashley.
Of course they are cute, they have the cutest parents! How could they be otherwise!!! You were an awesome missionary which has made you and even greater Mom!!!
Post a Comment