CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

SpEcIaL ViSiToRs

With the end of school in sight, life as we know it (and school is all we know as a married couple) we are really starting to miss family and look forward to the future! So we even more appreciated having family here for Elise's birth and first weeks of life.

When Marshall was born my Mom was visiting my sister-in-law that had just had a baby 10 days prior so she was unable to come right away. So, Hilary found babysitters for her girls and flew right over. This was such a neat experience to share with her. I am SO grateful she was there and this is a memory we will always treasure. Well, to lengthen number of days my Mom could be here when Elise was born it worked out better for Hilary to come first again. Bless her sweet girls and awesome husband that let her drop everything and come. Elise and Hilary Elise share the same name so we thought for sure Elise would wait for Hilary to get here but the sweet little stinker came an hour and a half before Hilary got to the hospital! Though she missed the birth, the time in the hospital was still such a wonderful experience. We stayed up talking (I know I should have been resting when I had the chance), stared at Elise, and Hilary (bless her) got up with Elise when she would fuss. She stayed three days and was such a big help with being our photographer, camcorder, best bud to Marshall, and just a great friend! Thanks for coming Hil!


Having my Mom come, alone, is a good enough reason to have these sweet babies. I love the weeks spent with my Mom after having my babies! She is FANTASTIC! She gets up with me every feeding and while I try not to fall asleep she changes the diapers. And if the baby is fussy she is there to help and I don't even find out about it til morning. I love how much she loves my children. She is a natural with babies. Elise loved staring at her and they would have their special "conversations." My heart misses you so much when you have to go, Mom. Thank you for coming and spending this special time with me and my cuties.



When my Mom left I was alone for a whole week and a half (Oh no!). We did alright, though it was an adjustment to not have the extra help. Then I was super spoiled to have my sisters Hilary (yes! she came again!:)) and Lindsey come! They cleaned my entire apartment including shampooing the carpets. They played with Marshall, oogled over Elise, and took care of me. Marshall just LOVES his aunts and this was a very fun time for us. Thanks for coming gals!




And then my fabulous Mother-in-law came or as I like to call her, Mom Walton. I got the most rest that week. She took care of everything. I never had dirty dishes, we were fed extremely well (including breakfast), and she is excellent company (even when she is beating me at games). She spoiled my children and let Derek and I go on a few dates. We miss you, Mom Walton and are looking forward to living closer to you!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, if you stopped having cute adorable children the influx of family members might slow down! Well...nah, we'll still want to visit so we can hang with the ones you've got all day. Oh, and you and Derek too, of course!

Alyson said...

It sounds like it was lots of fun to have all of the company. Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Babies are such a miracle - I always want to stay with them forever. So glad I had the opportunity to come.

Jeri said...

thanks for letting me come visit. You have adorable children. Love ya.

Jeri said...

thanks for letting me come visit. You have adorable children. Love ya.

ZiggyandFamily said...

What a wonderful blessing to have a loving, caring and generous family!! It will be good to live closer to them! When do you go?