CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Derek's Spring Break

(In case you all haven't noticed I have SLOWLY been playing catch up on my blog. I still have like 4 to go. Since my blog is doubling as my journal I have to document all the big stuff and hopefully the cute small stuff in the middle :))

With boards looming and our time as a family being squeezed out by studying we decided to take a small trip during Derek's spring break. The original plan was Yosemite but because it is winter a lot of the park was closed off. Derek found a good deal on cabins in Big Bear Lake so we drove about 2 hours into the San Bernardino mountains. We stayed two nights, enjoyed the scenery, made good use of our 'kitchenette,' went sledding, and attempted a few hikes. I must admit that a lot of the time was spent watching ESPN- one of our favorite parts of vacation seeins how we don't have cable at home.

Marshall loved the snow and looked too dang cute in his winter get-up. We didn't know how he would take sledding but turns out he totally dug it because every time they reached the bottom of the hill he was telling Dada, "Again! Again!" This was often accompanied by an excitement dance and giggles. We stayed at the slopes for about two hours.



The "cabin."

Marshall posing for the camera in the cabin.


There was a children play place by the cabins that Marshall really liked playing on. They had these "little houses" that I think he could have stayed in for hours.

2 comments:

GramaKat said...

What a fun spring break! So glad you weren't sick for that. You can always find something to be thankful for, huh?

Anonymous said...

I liked Marshall so much better in these pictures than snuggling with a throw-up bucket. Glad that passed and you could have some fun r&r.