CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Robert, Lindz and Emma come to visit!

We have been blessed with lots of visitors so far in 2010 with more to come- hooray!! My good friend from college came with her little family to spend a week with us the second week in February. We went to the beach, zoo, Hollywood, and Disneyland. It was a packed week and my little goer and doer (Marshall) loved it. Derek used the week to study (boards are on March 16 & 17!) so I was very thankful for the company!

~The beach!~ Their first day here we took them to Corona Del Mar. It was Emma's first time at the beach and I think she loved it. Marshall ran up and down the beach and the fearless little brute even ran straight into the waves. His favorite part was by far the boats. He still asks to go to the beach to see the boats. I forgot my camera though :(.

~The Zoo~ The San Diego Zoo does not disappoint and this particular trip I saw animals I hadn't seen before including a baby Koala and a baby Gorilla! Marshall was a bit of a wild man this trip but nothing that a few bags of fruit snacks couldn't contain. :)




-Lindsey and Emma!

After the Zoo we raced home so I could host a Mary Kay party for Lindsey (she has been very successful and now has a car and is a director!). Derek, Robert, and Emma went to a Jazz/Clippers game. I was a little jealous I missed the game but it was really fun to have a girls night of pampering! The Jazz won by the way- Go Jazz!

~Hollywood~ In my opinion Hollywood is nothing special. Its dirty and there are people lining the streets trying to get you to buy things or give them money. We did find a "couch" of sorts in front of the Hollywood sign where people like to take pictures. I got this picture minus the Hollywood sign- he looks so chill but it really only lasted momentarily.


~Disneyland~ On their last day here we went to the happiest place on earth. The highlight of the day was when Marshall got to meet Woody and Jesse from Toy Story II. Next to cars this is an all time favorite and he was DELIGHTED. He gave them both hugs and then posed very nicely for pictures which he now loves looking at. Jesse was so good with Emma. The Disneyland worker kept trying to scoot Jesse along to her next appearance but she just kept playing with Emma. I also included a picture of Marshall and Emma's first date- haha! Can't you just see Emma telling Marshall, "Turn here! Not that way! Slow down!" and my crazy man taking her on a wild ride. Ahhh...so much to look forward to! :)




Derek was able to join us for the last part of Disneyland (yes yes yes!) and then we took both kiddos home so that Robert and Lindsey could enjoy a little night on their own. They might be rethinking that decision...

Sorry Lindz! I had to post it, I just had to- its too funny!!!

And finally a picture of Derek practicing to have two kids. I think he is going to be really good at it. :)

Thanks Lindsey and Robert for visiting!! We miss you and your sweet Emma.

5 comments:

Royce said...

how fun! that is a pretty passionate looking kiss haha so cute!!
-aubree

GramaKat said...

So much fun all the time. Are you sure you want to come to Utah next year? Pacific Ocean vs Great Salt Lake? Disneyland vs Lagoon? Your zoo vs our... Oh, but we have snow! And mountains! Anyway, love your blog, love you, and will be happy when we get to see you more often.

Alyson said...

I'm glad you are enjoying all of the company. Maybe you should consider a home California (If it didn't cost so darn much!) once Derek finishes school. Please!

ZiggyandFamily said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!!

Denise said...

So glad you're teaching Marshall how great Cougars are. :) Go BYU!