CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Grateful

This winter has been one of sickness. Poor Marshall got the flu again- this time the stomach flu. He woke up at two in the morning throwing up and continued to every half hour until about six-thirty. The next day brought more throw up from both ends(sorry about the TMI). Poor kid. By the next morning I was just as sick and by that night Derek was too. At one point we both were laying in a bathroom feeling like dying and poor little Marshall (feeling a lot better) didn't know what to do. I really think that is the sickest I have ever been. Marshall kept bringing me books to read or asking for food or needing a new diaper and we lay there helpless. It was really pathetic and I felt very sorry for myself.

As I lay there wondering what I was going to do and if I would make it (I know so dramatic!) the Relief Society president, Julie, called and offered assistance. She brought her husband, Paul, and the Elder's Quorum president, Shawn, and they gave us a blessing. Then Shawn took Marshall home to spend the night. Marshall had a BLAST! They have three kids that Marshall ADORES.

I felt so GRATEFUL! Not only that but friends brought movies, soup, gatorade, etc. We are so blessed and truly felt like we had family away from home. Thank you to all who helped.

Here is a picture of cute Marshall laying in his bed snuggling with his bucket. He insisted on sleeping with this- and carrying it around with him- for the next several days, "just in case." We are so glad that this sickness episode is over and pray that no one else has to go through that- yuck!

4 comments:

Jeri said...

I'm so sorry you guys were all sick. I hope everyone is feeling better now.

Alyson said...

Ash, what a pain. Did this just happen or was it a few weeks ago. I feel like deja view. Is this the second time it has happened? No fun. Glad everything is getting back to normal.

ZiggyandFamily said...

Sorry that you and your family have been through so much sickness this Winter. What do people do who do not belong to the Church?! Glad you are on the mend. Hope it continues now that Spring is here!

GramaKat said...

I feel so sorry for you guys. One has to have been there to really know how bad it can be, so "been there done that", but that doesn't really help much, does it? So glad you have ward family to help you out when your other family is far away. Love ya!