CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New hair cuts

So I have so much that I want post- we have been up to 'yes good' (as opposed to 'no good' hehe) and since I view my blog as a scrapebook/journal I need to blog it all. So be prepared for a slew of Walton happiness in the next few days!

I thought I would post a blog about our most recent adventures- hair cuts. I cut Marshalls- you can totally tell! And I had mine cut by a salon. I feel helpless about Marshall's hair because 1-we love it long but don't want him to look like a girl 2-the kid does not sit still even a little bit for a cut so it comes out jagged every time 3- I have no idea what I am doing and decided to pretend I did without Derek's help (bad idea). We have debated taking him to a professional but my sister-in-law (cosmotologist) cut it at Christmas-the only time it has really looked very straight and even- and holy ordeal! He screamed and kicked the whole time. Bless Sandy! I won't ask her or anyone else to do it. After this lengthy paragraph we come to the conclusion that Marshall will just have to be cute with a not-so-perfect haircut!
His before 60'sish mullet (but still so cute!) hair:

Still wet and a bit wild, hmmmm, yes wild-

dried and downward view

My new cut-

And I had to add one of Derek too- he cut his hair a few weeks ago. I'm a fan.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

cute hair! you are seriously one of those people who looks good in all different styles and cut..this cute, short, summer -do included!

I have a present for you...what's your new address?

Jenna said...

I'm totally impressed with you trying Marshall's hair without Derek's help...amazing! It's so hard to get a little one to sit still for a haircut! Depending on the kid, we've tried watching a show, earning a reward, or talking constantly at them...it helps, but inevitably they move or wiggle...I used to cut the kids hair with scissors, but I've since switched to the buzzer...poor kids...they'll have a forever "butch" until they care... (:

Linds said...

Cute cuts! Marshall is so adorable and so is his haircut

Anonymous said...

Hum - Did you sit still? Your hair looks really cute so you must have. What is it with little boys and haircuts? Will some little boys fill me in please?

Erin said...

I love your new haircut! And I have seen Marshall's hair in person and I think that you need to give yourself more credit...I think it looks great!

Matt and Jessica said...

I just love your blog posts. I think you do an awesome job on picture taking and haircuts. :) You all around ROCK!!! And I just LOVE your hair. The color of your hair is amazing especially with your beautiful eyes and the length is great!!! It was sooo much fun getting to talk to you today. Thanks and take care!!!

Denise said...

Candy. That's the trick to little boys and haircuts. But not suckers, as they get little pieces of hair stuck to them when they take them out of their mouths ...