CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Marshall's Favorite Things

I finally have a moment to post! This week has been crazy because Marshall has decided to wake up every morning, ranging from 1 to 4, to scream until we come get him so he can play. And then while I try to make it through the day on a night of interrupted sleep my son has the nerve to take a very short or no nap! I'm quite behind on many things. And then miraculously Marshall and Arleigh decide to take naps at the same time this morning giving me a much needed reprieve.

I have wanted to jot down some of Marshall's favorite things for a while now. Here they are:
-He is obsessed with birds. He loves bird watching, bird pointing, bird mimicking. All very cute. He has even incorporated a cute dance whenever we hear the whistling of a bird.
-Being outdoors is a must for him. Some days his toys stay on the shelf and the backyard and stroller are well used much to his delight.
-He
loves placing objects in other objects or, better said, "putting objects where they belong." His favorites: ball into basketball hoop, credit cards into wallet, shapes into toy cookie jar, coins into piggy bank, and just today I caught him putting his toys away into the bin he had just unloaded ten minutes before! Praise be!
-Chase is his favorite game especially with the Arleigh girl. The two of them run around the house screeching and giggling, climbing into corners, hiding behind chairs and in the beanbag. I finally caught it in video camera. Their giggles are so melodious!
-He still enjoys playing the piano, opening and closing doors, throwing balls, and doing his utmost to get at the computer to push buttons.

We definitely love his little personality. On the flip side he has become quite the fit-thrower. We think he has just discovered that he has a place and a say in this world and is very disconcerted if life is not met to his liking, which unfortunately has been often. He is extremely attached to me and now yells, "mama" amongst his sobs. Derek thinks he rules my life and he probably does but I am too sympathetic to teach Marshall independence. Any suggestions?

Here are some pictures of the sweet little brute. (Is that an oxymoron?) :)







2 comments:

Brown Family said...

I think my kids test the limits of sleep at least every other month -- until they're like 3! In the middle of the night you just have to ignore them, which is so hard to do, especially when you're missing out on sleep as well!

I look at disciplining like immunizations -- none of us LIKE to do it, but our kids are stronger and better when we do. If we gave into our tantrums, they'd be spoiled brats, and we've all known at least one spoiled brat in our lives!

Hang in there -- it DOES get easier. It's never easy to say no or to stick with your disciplining, but it's much easier than not (at least in the long run).

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Amen to the Brown Family.