CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Best Birthday Ever!

In my last post I said that Derek's birthday was my favorite birthday ever. Heres the story:
Wednesday nightish-
Ashley: "Derek I am so excited for your birthday tomorrow- I have a few surprises for you!"
Derek: "I am really excited about my birthday too- I have a little surprise for you too!"
Ashley: "For your birthday you got me a surprise?"
Derek: "Don't worry, I didn't spend any money on it and it is just a little one but I know you will like it."
Ashley: hmmmmm.......

Around ten that night Derek stayed up to study a little and I was trying to get to sleep when Derek tells me, "I'll be right back." I am drowsy and don't really think much of it until a minute later when I feel a tapping on my back. Somehow I knew right away that it was my sister Lindsey! She asked, "Are you surprised?" Heck yeah!!!! As I try to get over the shock she leads me into the living room where Aly is settled on the couch nonchalantly reading a book-And I am thinking whats this?? Linz and Aly drove to see me??? Then I hear someone coming out of the bathroom and there is Hilary! My breath has now fully escaped me with all the screaming and jumping I am doing and I think that life can't possibly get any better when it does - a knock on the front door and enters my mother!!!!

For months they have been planning and corresponding with Derek to come here, surprise me, and go to D-land. We don't have passes anymore and I constantly lament that fact to Derek and all this time he is smirking inside! He arranged for a babysitter for the little girl I watch, for Marshall in the morning so it will just be the girls, and basically sacrificed much of his B-day for me! He and Marshall joined us in the afternoon- what a happy day! Here is a picture of this awesome selfless guy I am happy to call mine: (hes doing the "happy point" to his B-day pin :))

The fam:
The girls on our way to D-land!

Holy Pictures coming your way!!!! My sisters will vouch that I am picture happy but they won't need to if you get through the rest of this post as it will be obvious. haha. I figured this is my blog and I can do what I want even if it bores the readers- right? I just had to try to put all the pictures in to capture one of the happiest days ever!!! (I was careful just then to not say "the happiest day ever" because I find that offends Derek and hes right the wedding day and M's birth were awesome but dang this day goes right up there!) To be a pal I have divided the pictures into categories somewhat. ;)

-
THE D-LAND EATS
This is not an unknown fact- I love food and D-land always makes me hungry. Thanks to Dad we had plenty of yummy eats - hehehehehehe :)
ESPN ZONE- maybe not my sisters and Mom's first choice but they obliged seeins how it was Derek's b-day. We watched the college games and chased Marshall around. THis next picture is decieving- it looks like he actually stayed still at the table- ha!

-
POSING ON MARK TWAIN






SPLASH MOUNTAIN
Okay I had to put this picture of us kissing in because we actually did this falling down the drop with my sisters pointing at us in shock. We thought it was funny but I guess it was inappropriate because the screen at the end said, "Sorry your picture got washed away." Very disappointing!

This is my favorite one-
-
RIDING THE RIDES
Splash mountain:
Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain:

Linz captured this shot, beauty eh?
-
ME WITH MY GIRLS




-
SURPRISE!
This is our- well their- departing picture. I'm trying to pull the shocked face :)

They only stayed a few days- amazing days!- thank you for coming girls! Thank you Dad for buying my D-land ticket and letting us girls have a gals weekend! We missed you! We missed you too Michelle and Brandon. One of these times we are going to get you in on our sisters/mom vacations, Michelle! Hooray for sisters/mom vacations!

6 comments:

Marissa said...

I absolutely love this post...especially the surprise! It looks like you girls had a blast! Happy belated Derek! :)

Michelle said...

Looks like a blast! :) sorry to have missed it. dang this florida sometimes. hooray for surprises too..you don't have to wait or anticipate at all, the fun just arrives! it's awesome.

Jami said...

What a great nephew I have!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and I am completely jealous!!! I want to go to Disneyland so bad. Happy Birthday (late) Derek!!!

Brown Family said...

What great sisters you have, eh?!? I LOVE the Splash mountain pictures. Did anyone buy them? It'd be hard not to. :)

So glad you had a great time. Thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. That is the most fun I have ever had on Derek's birthday. :) I decided we are basically a happy family who randomly starts screaming. Love the pictures

GramaKat said...

That is sooo fun for your sisters and mom to surprise you and come out and visit. What a great husband you have. Who's his mom? ha, ha.
I love how much you love him, and he loves you, what a happy family. I wished I could see Marshall and play with him, just two months and we will see you.
MOM