CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The BIGgest LOSER

I just thought I would whip out a quick post since I haven't done so in a while. Tomorrow is Derek's Birthday so look forward for two blogs in one week! :)

I love the show Biggest Loser. Derek and I have never been that into TV and decided to do without cable. I grew up without cable and I feel I had a lot richer childhood because of it and we want to do the same for our kids. The problem comes when we want to watch the Jazz play or a baseball game or THE BIGGEST LOSER! Its Lindsey's fault I am into the show. I get way to into it- last week I found myself screaming at the tv and then crying as my favorite player, Mandi, got voted off.

The best part about the show is that I don't have to watch it feeling too guilty for not working out because every morning at 6am I head to the gym! It sounds early but it has seriously saved my life. I am a morning person and this is the time I am most productive and wanting to get things done. Before the gym I would wake up when Marshall did not ready to face the day and being frustrated because I was still tired from staying up late the night before. My new regime as of last December has been EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE.

I am feeling SO much better. My body still hurts-and I still don't know why- but the gym is such a mental boost! As for an update on my hip- it still hurts and so does my back and so does my jaw... It is very frustrating and at times I let it consume me but happily this isn't one of those times. :)

Off I am to take care of the kiddos- still watching sweet Arleigh and the sick-for-now Marshall Man. Poor kid has had a fever of over 104, an earache, soar throat, weak body... At times I can't stand getting screamed at and his constant crying but then I remember what it feels like to have an earache (some of the worst pain I have had in my whole life) and try to soothe the poor little guy. Wow, without realizing it I just drew an anaology to the atonement. I am better able to help my son because I feel like I understand his pain somewhat and that is exactly how the ATonement works! Christ understands how we feel and can therefore comfort us. What a comforting and uplifting thought to end on...

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I hope marshall feels better! I think I might try your regimen...Early to bed, Early to rise. It may be good for me. :) BTW, we don't have cable either...but I am completely obsessed with Lost (which we watch on the computer), very hard to let that one go...everything ok, but not lost!

Unknown said...

Poor Marshall. Hope he feels better soon. I also love the Biggest Loser...so motivational!

Brown Family said...

Early to bed is good, but I am so bad at it, because I so enjoy the quiet after putting the kids to bed and can't make myself go to bed!!! Maybe, though, if I can reverse the cycle I can have the morning be that time I enjoy so much ... just will have to be without my hubby, so maybe it wouldn't be better. How about another 2 hours in the day? That'd work. :)

Even if she was your favorite player, Mandi did the right thing. I would have thought her very selfish and horrible if she stayed when her sister needs to be there more than she did. That show is very inspiring! If they'd get rid of Jillian it would be perfect. :)