CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Multi-Talented Husband :)

"Three Visually-Impaired Rodents"

Add piano playing to one of my husband's many talents. The above is the name of Derek's talent in the yearly SCCO talent show. He played a fancy version of 3 blind mice on a keyboard (apparently hard to switch over from a piano) but he did so well! Then right in the middle of his impressive piano-playing skills he turned over on the bench and started playing it backwards! And I was thinking, "I am one lucky gal!" Here are some pics from the night. I might just add this all took place the night before we moved so he really had limited time to practice but you never would have known..

Starting out...


turning around...


nothing but a backwards-piano-playing-STUD!..



And the final bow...

YOU ROCK DEREK!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. I think he is a definite winner! Plus what a perfect title of performance for an optometry school.

Denise said...

Hilarious! I'm sure he was a hit!

Neal and Angie said...

That's awesome! I can't imagine playing the piano upside down/backwards! That's definitely talent!

Linds said...

Incredible! Talent! Talent! Talent! He has a talented wife too. I love my quilt!

GramaKat said...

What a hoot! Yes, Derek is a cute, talented guy, and so are you, Ashley! How I enjoy reading your blogs. Hadn't thought about the reason for Derek's choice of song until Ann Marie mentioned it. Very clever. Bet the other students loved it.