This blog will be a short holiday-shout out because I am doing it one-handed. I had surgery on my wrist yesterday to remove a cist. Anyway, here are some of our Halloween pictures! Derek's school were taking pictures:
Here Marshall is again in his cute Crest costume and I love that he is holding his Halloween bucket:
Bring on the money Crest, Johnson & Johnson, and Oral B! We were full out dental endorsements this year and I am happy to say I made all the costumes. This is at our ward trunk-or-treat. We thought we should stick with our oral hygiene theme and decorate our car with a mouth. The kids had to stick their hand through the mouth to get the candy! Marshall is eating a fruit roll-up but it looks like a toothbrush and I love that affect!
Here is Marshall's first experience with trick-or-treating. Every year the optometry school has all the students with kids come trick-or-treating to their offices. It was really fun to go as they all oooed and awed at our too-cute son.
We have become really good friends with the parents (Jamie and Justin) of the little girl I have been watching. She went this year as an adorable moose!
Her parents went as older people. Here we are at this year's Student Spouse Association party. It was a lot of fun. I am glad we got to go this year. We were all set to go last year but that was when Mr. Marshall made his appearance. :)
We won most creative costumes. Candice Owens and her husband won best overall. Erin and Paul Neville won most scary. I love Erin's green face- she looks like the witch from 'Wicked'.
I have to admit now that I have never really liked Halloween. Well, okay I loved it as a child because my Mom always made my costume and I got to eat my favorite food in abundance. But as I got older it was probably because I never really got to celebrate it. Halloween always fell on the weekend of high school state swimming and all my energy went into that. And after I graduated high school it was fun to dress up and go to institute dances but I often wondered why there was a holiday to promote poor eating habits (now do I sound like a dietetic major?) and dressing up in costumes like the devil? But this year I put my Halloween bah-humbug away and went all out. I enjoyed making the costumes and dressing up my family. Well, I am off to rest my wrist. Turns out you can still type while your hand is in a splint of sorts. HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
Here Marshall is again in his cute Crest costume and I love that he is holding his Halloween bucket:
Bring on the money Crest, Johnson & Johnson, and Oral B! We were full out dental endorsements this year and I am happy to say I made all the costumes. This is at our ward trunk-or-treat. We thought we should stick with our oral hygiene theme and decorate our car with a mouth. The kids had to stick their hand through the mouth to get the candy! Marshall is eating a fruit roll-up but it looks like a toothbrush and I love that affect!
Here is Marshall's first experience with trick-or-treating. Every year the optometry school has all the students with kids come trick-or-treating to their offices. It was really fun to go as they all oooed and awed at our too-cute son.
We have become really good friends with the parents (Jamie and Justin) of the little girl I have been watching. She went this year as an adorable moose!
Her parents went as older people. Here we are at this year's Student Spouse Association party. It was a lot of fun. I am glad we got to go this year. We were all set to go last year but that was when Mr. Marshall made his appearance. :)
We won most creative costumes. Candice Owens and her husband won best overall. Erin and Paul Neville won most scary. I love Erin's green face- she looks like the witch from 'Wicked'.
I have to admit now that I have never really liked Halloween. Well, okay I loved it as a child because my Mom always made my costume and I got to eat my favorite food in abundance. But as I got older it was probably because I never really got to celebrate it. Halloween always fell on the weekend of high school state swimming and all my energy went into that. And after I graduated high school it was fun to dress up and go to institute dances but I often wondered why there was a holiday to promote poor eating habits (now do I sound like a dietetic major?) and dressing up in costumes like the devil? But this year I put my Halloween bah-humbug away and went all out. I enjoyed making the costumes and dressing up my family. Well, I am off to rest my wrist. Turns out you can still type while your hand is in a splint of sorts. HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
7 comments:
Congulations on being so creative and on a successful surgery. I wish the Marshall Man - I mean tube of toothpaste could come trick or treat at the library. :)
I am so glad that you had a good Halloween year! I love, love, love the costumes. I am also so glad that you are getting way into sewing...it's a hobby that will last you a lifetime and you are good at it! See you tonight!
Your costumes turned out so much cuter than the blue toothpaste one that I made. I like the mouth on your car too. Way fun Ash!!!!!! Hope your wrist is healing.
Sorry to hear about your wrist, but way cute costumes. of course, why would you make him UNwaxed floss? Was that just to keep the other girls away? ;)
I'm waiting for your optomitry costumes next ... :) Halloween is definitely more fun with kids!
Sorry about your wrist...hope everythings okay! and I loved the costumes!
I just loved your costumes...it was so so fun! You let me know what pictures you want of the Halloween party and I can send them to you.
Love the costumes. Maybe we'll have to do that one year. I'm happy to hear you're getting more into Halloween. I love dressing up.
Hope you're recovering well.
See ya soon!
Post a Comment