CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Linz Comes To Visit!

My fabulous sister, Lindsey, decided to come and visit her lonely, but not so lonely, (I had visits from Lindsey, my cousin Robb, and my sister Hilary's best friend Denise and family all this week!) sister in California and make a fun weekend out of it. All day Friday we were at the happiest place on earth, D-Land of course. We went to Cali-adventures too. The rest of the weekend was spent watching movies from our childhood (the illustrious Treasure Island series) while drinking steamers and eating chocolate. Seriously, doesn't get much better than that! Marshall loved his Aunt Lindsey and figured out her name quick. We'd say, "Marshall where is Aunt Lindsey?" and he would look at her and often go try to sit in her lap or convince her to pick him up. And as many of us know Lindsey is the best Aunt in the world and Marshall would agree whole-heartedly. Here are some of the pictures from Linz's stay.
At the Brear Restaruant:Waiting for fireworks- and no joke all I said was let me take your picture and they both did these funny faces. Punks.
Derek and I going down Splash Mountain: Not a boring ride (AT ALL) but don't we look convincing as we drop down a 20-foot steep slope?
Derek and Lindsey on California Screaming- the guy behind them wanted to buy the picture just because of how awesome Derek and Lindsey look.
On the way to the happiest place on earth:
Waiting in line for Finding Nemo- and have you noticed all the Wyoming shirts? While standing in this line we saw a guy wearing a shirt for the University of Utah (can't say exactly what it said for fear of offending my BYU relatives) and he was pretty excited about our Wyoming enthusiasm. He apologized that Utah would have to cream Wyoming the next day but we refused to be fair weather fans and held our heads high and said, "We are VERY sorry too." No one said you can't be a realistic and hard core fan too, right? :)
In route to a ride in Cali-adventures Derek saw that America's Funniest Home Videos was having a showing of their final contestants and wanted people to vote on their favorite. Derek signed us up and we all got to go in and watch the finalists. They were pretty funny. I think they air sometime in December and it will be interesting to see who wins. Luckily we got free shirts out of the deal because Marshall leaked in his only pair of pants so we put this on him to keep warm:
Just an adorable boy eating sourdough bread from Cali-adventures:
In church on Sunday several people mistaked Lindsey for me. Even the following Sunday people were inquiring about my "look-a-like." And heres the real question everybody- Do Lindsey and I really look THAT alike?


I have always been happy to say that I think we do except she has really pretty green eyes and mine are blue. Thanks again Inzy for coming to stay with us- we already miss you like crazy!! :)
Oh, and I will post your favorite video in a few days.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yes you definitely look alike, i think more than any of your sisters! And Marshall is so dang cute; I can't believe how grown up he's looking lately!

Anonymous said...

You do look very much alike. The eyes are different colors but I bet the mannerisms make the resemblance really striking. You also look different but then I know you so well.

Brown Family said...

That's funny -- I've never thought the two of you looked alike, but I guess you do!

Marshall looks so old in those pics! What's up with that?

Thanks so much for hosting us and feeding us YUMMY, delicious pizza. We sure can't wait to come back ... although I'm afraid it won't be while you still live there ...

Marissa said...

Wow! You girls really look alike! Did you get teased as twins? Also, yes, we have season passes. I would love to go sometimes, we have been looking to go with people so that we can trade off kids on the rides :)

Hilary said...

Alls I have to say is you must be having lots of practice riding down Splash Mountain maintaining a pose, 'cause your mouth sure looked a lot bigger (from screaming) and your face looked a bit more scared during the last picture I saw of you on that ride! Ha, ha. :) Meanwhile, I think Marshall is growing way too fast for my liking... I miss him. Happy Birthday, Marshall!!!

Matt and Jessica said...

So wow, I never would have thought that but seeing you two together you look exactly alike. How crazy huh. Oh well you both are extremely beautiful so props to your parents. :) I love the costume you should call the dental and crest advertising agencies.

Linds said...

So many comments! How did you look so bored during a 20 ft. drop! I would have been screaming, I can't help it! I love the Wyoming Cowboys t-shirt! I think that you and Linds do look very much alike! I never realized it though until I saw the picture and for a sec I couldn't tell who was who. This was before I read anything and figured out what the picture was about! Love and miss you!