CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1 year old!

Here are party pictures as promised. It was a fun day for all of us. We were wishing it hadn't fallen on a Sunday because with church being later in the day Marshall didn't get a really good nap. But you would never know it come party time. He was happy as can be and I do believe the little guy fully enjoyed his birthday cake!I made the birthday cakes to look like Cheetah faces. Yes, I know they look like two bunnies that have the measles. My Mom gave Marshall a Cheetah stuffed animal and he loves it! We always know when he has found his cheetah because we hear a distinct giggle-sigh and see Marshall snuggling it to his chest. Very precious. At night we put him to bed with it and he snuggles it close to fall asleep. And in the morning, he won't leave his crib without cheetah. When he is sad we ask him, "where is cheetah?" He looks around and when he sees it he stops fussing and races over to it to do his giggle-sigh-snuggle.
Marshall's first words were probably ma-ma and da-da or even bob-bob (does anyone know who bob is?) but we aren't certain he was identifying his parents with his babble. So, we think that cheetah was his first official understood word. Right before the giggle-sigh-snuggle, Marshall shrieks, "Cheeeeetaaa!" We always thought that our child's first word should be Amino Acid but Cheetah will definitely do.

Here is Marshall playing with his books from Grandma and Grandpa Ross.
Talking on the phone to his many admirers. When family called to say happy birthday to him they really just thought they would say hi to us, but Marshall was very anxious to listen to them himself! So, we had everyone that call sing 'Happy Birthday' to him and he would shriek at the phone and wave his arms! Unfortunately, the next thing to do was to grab the phone and hang up on the happy-birthday-wisher. All the same, thank you for calling- he loved it!
Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa Walton- he just looks bored but really he loved the wrapping paper and, once his Mama removed all the twisty ties from off the toys, he loved playing with them. The reason he has the half closed-eye look is because the flash and shutter speed on our camera has recently become very slow, but thanks to Mom and Dad Ross we have a new camera and are excited to start posting pictures from it! Anyway, his favorite toy from Grandma and Grandpa Walton was this magnetic barn that goes on the fridge- thank you! (Notice his handsome suit from Grandma and Grandpa Marshall)
And here is the toy we bought for him! It is so much fun shopping for one's child. I think that I will always love shopping for birthday and Christmas gifts for our kids- just thinking about how much fun they will have gets me so excited! And here is Marshall enjoying his wagon- he likes to push it around but I think he likes it best when we pull him in it.
So ends the first year of our baby boy's life- heres to many more happy years!!! Thank you everyone that sent gifts and cards, called, and for just loving our son. I know, its hard not to.

Halloween pictures coming soon!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one cute kid. Enough said.

Linds said...

I'm very impressed with your cakes! That's awesome! He is so cute and I can't believe he is 1 year old! It looks like he had a great birthday!

Alyson said...

Your cake looks great! I hope Marshall had a great day. I laughed about your stopping at the video store to return a dvd on the way to the hospital to have Marshall. I've never heard that before. What a laugh. We are glad to have "Baby Marshall" around too.

The Shelton Family said...

Your cakes turned out so cute! Sorry we couldn't make it:(

Unknown said...

thanks for inviting us over we had fun the cake was really good too.
shonnee

Brown Family said...

What a fun day. I'm impressed you even bought him anything for his birthday. We don't buy anything for our kids until they turn at least three. We figure they have enough gifts from relatives, and when they get older and see pics of themselves opening presents, they'll never ask who the gifts were from ... :) It's our way of saving money, I suppose. :)