I think my Mom said it best: "Marshall is just an efficient guy. He is busy busy busy from sunup til sundown!" I think that other passer byers (some strangers) have also put it well when they have told us, "Life as you know it is over." Yep, our Marshall is one active kid. I hope he has this much vivacity as an adult and especially as a missionary!
Some examples of this include feeding time, play time, bath time, nap time, diaper changing time, and ANY time. During feeding time, when you'd think most busy guys would want some grub our son's motto is, "I'm too busy!" We seriously have to bribe him to eat- yes, believe it! When it comes time for a nap and the kid can barely keep his eyes open his motto is, "I'm too busy!" You can guess what his response would be to diaper changing time! Thus, his favorite times of the day are play time and bath time. These are times when Mom and Dad aren't trying to cramp his style. Based off this we have decided to give Marshall a theme song!! Here are the lyrics (thanks to the group 'Men at Work')
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
And some pictures that show our babe's busy lifestyle: Marshall loves to get into things!

He LOVES the piano. Derek has been sitting down to play with him since Marshall was just a few weeks old. Marshall has caught on that he can make some pretty cool sounds, which he does, often.

At our recent ward party in the park Marshall was all over the grass and had his first experience with mud.

This is about the only way the kid will nap anymore - if he is strapped down. So, basically the car and his stroller are where he gets the most snooze.

Heres our cute kid- stopping long enough for me to get a picture of him. Sometimes I do wish Marshall would stop long enough to let me snuggle with him, but I am lovin his personality. There is much entertainment!
6 comments:
Shayla wouldn't eat unless she was in her crib. Although I know they say not to do that for their teeth, she would never eat otherwise! She was too busy looking around at everything going on.
Good luck w/Mr.Personality. That personality will save him when he gets more skilled at doing those things he shouldn't! I'm sure Aly can fill you in on what I mean ... :)
Oh, and it drives me nuts when someone says, "What do stay-at-home moms do all day, anyway?" Let them borrow Marshall for two hours and see if they can figure it out!!!
Very cute kid, Ash -- wiggles and all. Thanks for the pics. :)
In the picture with Marshall playing the piano he looks just like Derek. Cute kid. What do you do all day anyway?
Hi this is Kims little sister Ashley. I can't believe how big your little guy is now!! He is so so cute!!
I just had to post this comment from Grandma Marshall because it made my whole day, week!!
Ashley, you have the cutest blog, ever!!! Jeri, don't you feel so fortunate, having such cute grandchildren, and a daughter-in-law who expresses herself so well? Everyone in the world should be lucky enough to know about your blog, Ashley. You are so blessed, Jeri. Much love, Grandma Kat--and Mom.
Post a Comment