CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Morgan, Happy Birthday Hilary!

Today is a great day! 7 years ago today Morgan Ashley Roberts came into our family making us all very happy! She is a sweet and beautiful girl. She is a very good big sister to beautiful Brynne and a great cousin to Marshall. We are thinking about you pretty girl!
Here she is holding Marshall when he was about 4 months old:
I need to add, too, that it is my parents anniversary! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Hilary's birthday is tomorrow, the 23rd. No one in our entire family will ever forget that date because as long as I can remember Hilary has been obsessed with the number 723. Whenever we play a card game if anyone has thrown down a 7 and another person a 2 she says, "Oh, who has the 3!!?" even if that isn't the most advantageous card to be played. In fact, I am in the habit of wanting to call her every time I see the clock read 7:23. And would you know just today we deposited some money in the bank with the numbers 7, 2, and 3 in it? Of course, the first thing I did was show Derek and he got it right away. Yes, we are very aware of these numbers and it has become quite a fun family joke. :) We love you Hilary!! Seriously, Hilary is AMAZING! She is the one we all call for advice and she happily came to help us during that special time when Marshall joined us in the world:

To celebrate these great events I made a VERY YUMMY Strawberry, Vanilla, Cream Cheese Pie that I got off of Jenna's blog (AWESOME JENNA). She calls it Strawberry Delight. Which makes sense seeins how it is so delightful! Thanks for giving us an excuse to party gals!


Had to add in one of Hil and her cute girls (You are all cute girls-LUCKY LEE!):
And a final picture that doesn't really go with the theme of this post but here it is- this is me wearing an Egyptian skirt Linz brought back for us sisters. She brought back a few cute skirts, tops, and scarves. The best part about them is the Arabic care directions. I am going to assume they all are saying "dry clean only!" Thanks Linz!! You rock! Oh, and I want you to know that when we got home from church I twirled all around the living room-such a fun-flowing skirt!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow, thanks Ash! I think your connection with Morgan began the day you named her for us (obviously Lee and I had to agree on the name, but we'll always remember who got the initial inspiration on that one). Morgan loves that her picture is on your blog, and I'm loving that I got to be there when Marshall was born. Thanks for including a picture of me with my hair done as well. :) I'm off to Indian food! Love ya!!!

Jenna said...

Fun fun...I think your dessert looks much prettier!!!! I should try it as a pie sometime...good idea!

Alyson said...

I have given the "723" a lot of thought and I really think it is the rest of us that are obsessed with it, not Hilary (though I suppose she may be too). I see those numbers everywhere! Crazy family!

Leslie said...

So cute and funny! FYI if you want to get your blog printed for posterity's sake, go to blurb.com and check it out. It is the best deal I have found, so I'll let you know if the quality is any good when I order mine.