CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wonderful Wyoming!

My Mom sent me a funny e-mail, that I have posted below, and it really got me thinking. I have noticed that people either love or hate Wyoming. Some people think it is boring and ugly. I think it is both beautiful and breathtaking. Yes there are parts of Wyoming that aren't as appealing and the winters are harsh and annoying, but it will always be my home. I remember telling people in New York that I was from Rawlins, Wyoming. The most common response was, "oh, we broke down there once. or twice." I always got a kick out of that.
Here is a pretty picture we took of Wyoming the summer we moved to California.

Anyway, here is the e-mail - it had me smiling because I think it is so true!

BLESSED Wyoming

On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said:
'Today I am going to create a land called Wyoming.
It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty.
It shall have tall majestic landscapes full of buffalo,
tall grass, and hawks, beautiful skies, forests full of
elk and moose, and rich farmland.

God continued, 'I shall make the land rich in resources so as
to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants
Cowboys, and they shall be known as a most friendly people.

But Lord,' asked Gabriel,'don't you think you are being too
generous to these Wyomingites?

'Not really,'replied God 'just wait and see the winters I am
going to give them.'


Here is a picture of me fly fishing with my nephew Cayden. Just one of the many things I like to do in Wyoming.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Wyoming.

Brandi said...

That picture is beautiful! I've never been there, but hopefully when Krey gets out of school we'll have to make a trip there!

Stacy said...

I think its beautiful. I have only been to Jackson. But I always look forward to going.

Brown Family said...

My very first speeding ticket EVER was in Wyoming. And not just Wyoming, but RAWLINS, Wyoming. Can you believe that?!? And I think he just pulled me over because he said it was a 55 mph. When I said it was 65 mph, he goes, "Oh yeah!" but gave me a ticket anyway for going 70 mph in a 65.

That was a few years before meeting your lovely sister. I'll try to forgive Rawlins for that one cop since they put forth seven other great people I know ... who happen to all have/had the last name of Ross. :)

Becky Mutter said...

GORGEOUS!!! (another favorite word) Is the beauty worth the winters? It sure looks like it! The corner of WY that I've been to was beautiful. Those pictures are the best.