- I feel like every day is Mother's Day with Derek for a husband. He always makes every day special and helps me in any way that he can. I don't deserve him and I sure do appreciate him.
- I have an absolute angel for a son. Heavenly Father didn't have to send such a sweet boy to us but he did. Marshall is special and I have a love for him I didn't know was possible.
- My sister Lindsey called me earlier in the week and told me she was giving a talk in church this Sunday about our mother. She asked me to think of some things that our mother taught us about the gospel. My first thought was that my Mother has always led by example. I always wanted to be better because of who my mother is. I remember always finding her on her knees praying at night, reading her scriptures early in the morning, and never forgetting a hug and a kiss at goodnight. So, today I am grateful for the mother that I have and I know I couldn't love any mother more.
- My sister Hilary posted a blog, recently, that shared her feelings for each of her family members. As I read I too felt blessed to have the family that I do. I am grateful for each and every one and the strength that they are to me.
- I am grateful for General Conference and how the talks continue to touch me and apply to my life.
- I am grateful that I get along with my in-laws. They have always loved me and made me feel welcome into the family. I love the way they love me, their son, and their only grandson.
- I am grateful for the temple. Derek and I had the opportunity to go last week and do some work for some of my ancestors. My Dad has really gotten into family history and his excitement has motivated me to start as well. Going to the temple is peace on earth and going for my ancestors just made it even more special.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Feeling Blessed
Today has been a wonderful day. This was my very first Mother's Day and I had so much love in my heart all day. I had to write just a few of the thoughts that ran through my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a happy message. Counting blessings is the best. You did get some extra special guys - but then you are extra special yourself!
Thanks for sharing. You have no idea what a blessing it is to have in-laws who love you and welcomed you into the family!!!!! (EMPHASIS STRONGLY ADDED!)
Tell that hubby of yours good luck on his finals. It's always a relief to finish those and start on new stresses, er, classes ...
Thanks Ash.
And be thankful for a sleeping baby. I'm told that it is difficult to get up many times a night.
-Brandon
That was so heartfelt. What a beautiful person you are! Man, you do have a lot of blessings! Lucky!
Post a Comment