CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A year ago today...

A year ago today an angel was born. Our baby girl. Elise Pearl Walton.

Elise is the calm in the storm. She is a breath of fresh air. She is the sweetest piece of heaven. When she smiles at you it is easy to forget the world around you is still moving. She makes you grateful to be alive.

Dear Elise,
You make the world a better place. You are beautiful in every way. I love your cheesy 5-tooth grin. I love the way you flail your arms and legs when you get excited. I love when you grunt to get my attention. I love it when you laugh with your brother and look up to him like he's the coolest person in the world (which he pretty much is). I love the mischievous grin and lightning speed crawl to get away from me after you have put something in your mouth you shouldn't have. I love the 5 second snuggle you allow me in your busy schedule of exploring the world around you. I love the big grin and loud screech you give animals and stuffed animals (anything fury). I love the 5 second delay in between getting hurt, developing the pouty face, and letting out the cry. I'm sorry but I do. It is priceless. I love your excited "Da Da Da" when your Dad gets home from work. I love your whiny "Ma Ma Ma" when you are tired or hungry. I love you Elise. I love you for who you are and how you make me want to be better. Thank you for being in my life and making it so much sweeter!
Love, Your Mama

To my little Elise,
Happy Birthday!! Your mother could not be more perfect in describing you. You have the sweetest, most fun-loving personality. You make my whole day when you greet me after you wake up in the morning or after a nap. I come into your room and you light up with excitement. So much excitement that you usually fall back into your bed and bashfully role around until I pick you up. You usually don't like kisses too much, but you are so cute when you try to protect your cheeks from my lips. I love the way you interact with people. You are curious about what is going on around you and you often copy what you are observing. Some of the most precious moments in my entire life have been when you have been sleepy enough to just snuggle in my arms. Thank you for being so sweet and letting me be a part of your first year. It has been a real joy. I love you.
Love, Dada

Dear Lisey or bummy-shummy Lisey (as I like to call you),
Here is what I told Heavenly Father about you just last week:
"Thank you Lisey came down from heaven and that she can be fantastic and funny every day."
You are my buddy. I get so excited when you wake up. I always want you to play with me. I like to share my toys with you even my special cars. Actually, especially my special cars. Its okay that you always put them in your mouth. I love to make you laugh. When you are sad I like to play peek-a-boo with you and tell you everything will be okay. I like it when Mom and Dad tell me that I am your protector. Just the other day your 9-month-old friend Piper tried to take something from you and I very adamantly said, "Don't do that to MY sister!" I don't know why everyone laughed because I am serious about taking care of you. I am sorry for all the times I have tackled you, knocked you over, sat on you, and bitten you. Its just because you make me so excited and I love you so much. That and it can be hard for an only child to all of the sudden have a baby sister. And not just any sister-YOU. You are beautiful and sweet and funny! Even though I am pretty much the coolest kid ever I have to make sure Mom and Dad don't forget! I am glad we are friends. I am glad you like cars. I am glad you are in our family. I love you sister.
Love, Marshall

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Her eyes are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful thoughts for your beautiful baby girl. You will probably want to refer to them again when she is 15.

GramaKat said...

I'm so glad I chose to check out your blog today. The letters to sweet, beautiful Elise are priceless!