CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 8, 2011

Elise's Birthday Party

Elise's birthday fell on a Thursday so we waited to have her party on Sunday. We still made her actual b-day fun by-

Going to the Park

And going to the fair-
She LOVED it. She loves animals and was doing her happy wiggle and screeches as she saw the furry bunnies.

We let her open one present not because she couldn't handle the wait but because Marshall couldn't :). He went to the store with Derek to pick out a present and thought a car or train would be a good idea but Derek directed him to the baby dolls. I hope she does like to play with cars and trains (I feel like I am a much better Mom of a boy than a girl) but we knew that his choice was more so HE could get new toys, clever kid.

We made her a castle cake because she is a princess. Mom Walton also made Elise her own cake to dig into, though she ended up digging into both. She didn't know what to think of it at first but once she tasted the sugary frostingy she decided it was pretty good. The party was on Sunday so Elise could have both sets of Grandparents at her first Birthday!

The cake-

Opening presents with Marshall. Actually Marshall opened all of them for her. :)

My parents gave her a baby doll, "baby Molly", that came with a bottle. Turns out it makes a much more fun toy for Lisey then Molly.
She got cards, calls, clothes, toys, and my favorite- decor for her new room! Yes, we have a rental house and I get to decorate! I am doing her room in Magenta and Lime Green- so excited!! I will definitely post pics when I am done. Thanks all for your thoughtfulness and love for our sweet baby girl! Can't believe she is one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sure have a precious little one year old princess. I love all the pictures and was so glad to be at the party on Sunday.

GramaKat said...

Fun to read your blog. What cute kids you have.