CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Birthday Happiness!

Grandma Walton sent me this card and I think it just about sums up my day:

A wish for a birthday as lovely as you,
Filled with the things that you most like to do-
One that is sunny and bright from the start
And leaves happy memories to hold in your heart.


I honestly wasn't looking forward to my birthday this year. Since my birthday was a Friday I knew weeks ahead that Derek would have clinic all day and I would be spending it alone. I prepped myself for this and tried to come up with activities that would keep me busy...
Derek came home Thursday night and told me my Birthday could start right then since he wouldn't be around to share it with me the day of. I went to bed feeling happy that I got to spend time with my family...
Friday morning comes and all of us slept in! I woke up in a panic that Derek was late for Clinic! As I am telling him to hurry he just keeps saying, "Happy Birthday." I finally said something like thank you but now get going and thats about when it clicked- there was no clinic! It should have been so obvious to me that there was no clinic because of the fourth. My friends were good at concealing it from me and I was honestly and sincerely surprised. My Derek really is good at surprising me. To date, this has been the best Birthday ever-THANK YOU DARLIN!

The day started out with a trip to Irvine Park - a Zoo/Park/Train and Pony Attraction. We went with Maribel and family- thank you guys for spending my Birthday with me! I am very thankful to have you for a friend!

The pony ride- you better believe we were singing 'Cowboy Joe' to him as he trotted along! Marshall and Nicolas are the sweetest friends- you can't tell here but Marshall is patting Nicolas's back. :)

Engineer Marshall-

The train ride-

After Irvine Park we had a friend come sit with Marshall during his nap and we went and played racquetball at a nearby park and just sat and talked in the grass. It was AWESOME!
A precious moment with Marshall caught on camera (zoom in for full effect)-

Thank you to all who sent cards, gifts, phone calls, and texts. Birthdays really do rock- nothing beats a whole day of feeling special. :)

4 comments:

Linds said...

Yeah! What a fun birthday! I'm so glad you had a good day!

GramaKat said...

Glad you had such an awesome birthday, Ashley. Can't tell you how cute the pictures are. Like I keep telling anyone who will listen to me, I have THE cutest great grandson in the whole world.

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT day - how fun. So excited to see you all - very soon now.

Hilary said...

Did you get a hair cut and I just forgot? Anyway, looks really cute! Cute hair, cute kid, cute family...