CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

While he sleeps...

This summer I have been all about sewing- what a great past time. I only know how to make a few things (thanks to Erin and Shunae) and lately have been trying to branch out! I am pretty darn proud to show off some of the things I have created:
A blanket for my friend Koumba: We met Koumba and her family at our last apartment. They are from Senegal and are so super nice. Their little girl, Fatime, and Marshall like to play together. They just had a new baby boy and I gathered all my scrapes together and made this little beauty-

A summer dress for my neice Brynne- this girl LOVES to wear dresses and is ALL girl. A pretty easy pattern, some help from Erin and Voila!

My Father's Day gift to Derek- a basketball and Marshall inspired Apron. Talk about hard to buy material for a guy. I made it as masculine as possible. No more food all over the clothes while doing dishes or making yummy dinners-

My first pattern- a bag inspired by Michelle, a pattern by Amy Butler! I haven't followed a pattern since 6th grade home education class.

A baby blanket for the son of one of my best friends from high school- I experimented with triangles and it turned out ify but easily fixable by covering up corners with yarn- hehehe

A scripture bag for my niece Morgan. I can't believe that she is turning 8 this summer! Her parents are getting her some scriptures for her baptism. Material look familiar? I used left overs from a friend's diaper bag but put a little butterfly happiness touch for the lining. :)

Baby bibs- inspired by my friend Lindsey! Lindsey gave me cute bibs like this when Marshall was born so I stole her pattern and like to give them to my friends with new little babes. Snuggle flannels are fun to pair.

Nothing too extravagant but I get so excited about sewing and then sharing. No posts from me for a while. We are off to WYOMING! OH YES WYOMING! (I love that song) to see friends and fam. Happy rest of the summer everyone!

10 comments:

Hilary said...

Now I know what happened to all the creative jeans I was supposed to get -- they all went to you!! Wow! Very nice, Ash! :)

Michelle said...

they all look awesome, but especially that birdie sling bag! you did well, and never even called with a question! way to be. :)

Unknown said...

wow you really have been sewing. Those projects all turned out great!!

Stacy said...

oh my you are good. I love the bag made from the pattern. It is really cute. I love purses...haha..
Sewing is my next thing i want to learn to do.

Linds said...

You have been busy! I love that bag! You'll have to tell Morgan that we have matching bags now.

Brown Family said...

I may have to have you make me a bag one day! Love how both quilts turned out. That's something I will probably make ... one day. And thanks for the dress for Shayla! She'll enjoy it when Brynne is done with it. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a collection - you have been busy - they are all great - we will have such fun going through my fabric when you are here.

Neal and Angie said...

Wow...you've accomplished a lot and they all look so good--it's like you've been sewing forever! I would love to make a purse like the one you did, do you think you could lend me the pattern or help me sew one? Hope you have fun in Wyoming!

Alyson said...

Cute Ashley. I'd love to have a bag for Christmas. Hint, hint!

Erin said...

Looks good! I am impressed with your mad sewing skills!