CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Perfect Day

This is one of those journal entry blog posts. You know that question, "What is your ideal day?" I think after Saturday I have a good answer to that question.

The start of it was pleasant extra sleep as Derek got up with Marshall. Then a family walk/jog to the park without hip pain! We enjoyed watching Marshall go down the slide and run amuck. He is so happy when he is free and when it was time to go he didn't throw a fit!! I then actually got ready for the day and put makeup on!

This past week marked our 3rd wedding anniversary and a tradition we have started is to celebrate by going to the temple. The awesome Leslie watched Marshall which gave me no anxiety as she has 4 boys that just love to play with him. The temple was amazing. I have never not had a wonderful time at the temple but this time was just incredibly so spiritually uplifting. I felt rejuvenated at the same time as being spiritually worn out if that makes sense- it was beautiful.

We brought the kiddo home and he ate his lunch without a fuss and while he napped I went to Joann's- by myself!! No screaming child, no frazzled decisions. I picked out awesome material and am so excited to make my Brynne-Brynne a dress and my Morgan a scripture bag. And recently I just found out my friend Koumba is going to have a baby so I get to start shopping material for that. I love fabric shopping...

In the afternoon Derek went off to do his sneaky mothers day preparations while Marshall and I walked to Target. I love walking to my shopping destinations- makes me feel like I am accomplishing something while accomplishing something. :)

I then made a yummy dinner, which my child ate, making it a full day of anxiety-less meal times. The night was finished off with a trip to Yogurtland, my new favorite place.

Now there have been days I might have considered even better than this like the day I went to D-land with my Mom and sisters or the days I have spent with my Dad in the Wind River Mountains. And of course there is my wedding day and Marshall joins the family day but this day was special because it was the small things combining to make for a beautiful put-a-smile on your face and keep it there day. Life really is quite grand, isn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your day. You deserve it.

Linds said...

I'm so glad you are appreciating all the little joys in life. It really is the best way to be! I'm so happy you had a day full of them!

Unknown said...

What a nice post. It is good to realize and appreciate the small things.

Linds said...

I forgot to tell you, I love your new picture! What a happy family!