Father Goose is one of my all-time favorite movies. The memories flow easily when I think of this movie. Like the title of this post - lets just say it is one of the most quoted movies in our home and my whole family loves it. Even now, as much as I did growing up, think of my Dad whenever I see Carey Grant. But this post, even with how fabulous he is, isn't about my Dad. This post is about my Mother-Figure, the most influential woman in my life.
My Mother is funny and has such clever whit. She has a great sense of humor. We love her for it.
My Mother is kind-hearted and I have no memories of her speaking ill of anyone. All growing up she tried to help me see the good in people and in frustrating situations. I remember coming home feeling upset or left out wanting vindication from my mother but all she would say was, "That must be hard honey" or "I'm sorry you are sad." At the time I wanted her to say, "How could that happen?" or "that jerk!" haha I now find myself doing the same thing...
My Mother has a strong testimony. I love to hear her share her feelings about the gospel and love of her Savior. She just gets it.
My Mother is patient. How many times did I bang on the piano out of frustration? How many times did I....hmmmm....I am giving away too much of my bad side- you get the picture. My Mother has always been patient with me and my needs.
My Mother is a good listener and a great shoulder to cry on.
My Mother is beautiful. I love that I inherited her blue eyes and brunette hair.
My Mother is supportive. She believes in me and helps me steer my course in the right direction.
I could go on but now is the perfect time to mention other fantastic women in my life. I love Mom Walton. She is an amazing person and one of the most selfless people I know. I appreciate all she has done and does for her children. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful husband and I can thank his Mother for that!
I must also include the Grandmas in my life. I love my Grandma Tilly for her outpourings of love and sincere concern. She takes an active interest in my life and well-being and I never doubt her care. Even though she is no longer living I need to express my appreciation to my Grandma Ross. She lived hunderds of miles away but I could still always feel her love so strongly. She never once forgot my birthday and even with her ailing health came to my wedding. I love my Grandmas Walton and Marshall. I really feel I can call them my Grandmas because they have always loved, supported, and accepted me even before Derek and I were engaged.
Thank you to the beautiful women in my life. You make the world a happier place.

1 comments:
Happy mothers day! and no worries about the future with your children because apparantly they forget all about the bad stuff and only remember that you loved them. Wonderful
Post a Comment