We decided to put up our Christmas tree up the Sunday before Thanksgiving so we can enjoy it longer this Christmas. Putting it up reminded me of when Elder Bednar was here last year. He spoke about the symbolism behind the Christmas tree and how special it is. I think the Christmas tree is my favorite part of Christmas- the lights shining on the tree are one of the many joys of the celebration of Christ's birth.
Marshall and Mama- the flash made him blink but he really seemed to enjoy helping put up the tree.
This picture is posed. Marshall is really reaching for Derek's cell phone. We just wanted a picture for Marshall to look back on and say that he helped hang ornaments. Doesn't he look determined?
This picture is posed. Marshall is really reaching for Derek's cell phone. We just wanted a picture for Marshall to look back on and say that he helped hang ornaments. Doesn't he look determined?
Happy Family.
I really do love Thanksgiving too. I love any reason to be with family and reflecting on what makes you happy is healthy for the head and the heart. This year we drove up to see Derek's sister, Holly, and her family. Here is Marshall with his two adorable cousins- Kenzie andMegan. Megan likes to climb into the crib with Kenzie in the morning so I put Marshall in too. I took quite a few of these pictures and all of them came out looking like Marshall is a hooligan next to his angelic neices. There might be some truth to that....
Holly's in-laws are amazing! They invited us over for turkey dinner and it was super delicious- thank you Dockstaders!!! Jeremy's Dad also co-owns a sports restaurant and he paid for us all to eat there and watch the Jazz game. Awesome.
Here is Derek's beautiful sister Holly.
And now for the highlight of our trip (yes Ashley is being sarcastic)! We got stuck in horrific traffic and got to stay the night in this casino-hotel in Jean, Nevada. Don't know where that is- no worries. Neither does anyone else.
We learned a great lesson- never travel home the last day of a holiday vacation. Traffic was seriously backed up from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.





7 comments:
I love it! Sorry, but I can laugh because I wasn't there. So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Glad you had fun...love your Christmas tree!
So cute! It is funny that Christmas tree looks vaguely familiar1 Ha! Ha! I love the one of Marshall hanging the ornament. He is getting so big!
You should have plenty of pics of Marshall taking ornaments off, right? :) Our first few years we put ornaments only on the top ...
It could have been worse. Just remember that. We once got stuck in Oregon -- the snow-covered roads were closed. All the hotels were full and Pizza Hut was out of crust!!! THAT was our worst road trip ever. In addition to that, we had TWO little ones to try to entertain (one of which was poopy while we were dead stopped on the Interstate), and Paul spent the night throwing up. So be grateful you just had to get a cheap hotel room and that was the worst of it. Just trying to help you look on the bright side ...
We don't mind at all that you found our blog...silly. We're in Germany for 10 months total (so, just until mid-July). We're so happy to hear from you, and your little boy is so big! WOW!
Your tree is beautiful! I love what Elder Bednar said about Christmas Trees too.
Your little guy is so big!!! I was shocked cause its been a while since I lokked on here! He is adorable. It looks like you all are doing good.
Post a Comment