CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

We Made The Right Choice

When Derek decided to go to Optometry school we were interested in a couple different schools. In the end, for numerous reasons, SCCO won out and we are soooo glad! We have had more visitors than if we had moved anywhere else (and the school is great too :)). The location is perfect. I remember when we first got here thinking we would see family maybe once or twice a year. So far I have had a visit from all 3 sisters (some more than once), my parents a few times, Derek's parents (his Mom twice), Derek's sister Hollyand family, Denise and Paul, Cousin Robb, and this beautiful family:

Mark and Kirsti Russell were our landlords in Laramie. They have a house on 5th street and when I got home from my mission and was needing a place to stay that could eventually fit a hubby they offered us their basement for a low price. Even after we told them we wanted it they took the rent down. Thats just the kind of awesome people they are. We absolutely loved having them here. Look at this jewel of a picture:

We went to D-land with them for a night.Besides my glowing heart (haha) the pictures turned out real cute.

Happy Disneyland goers.

Tired Disneyland goers.

Lexi and Preston have perfect expressions in this picture! The Disneyland industry should use this picture to advertise. And then theres Derek and I in the back not looking quite as classic.

Magic Kingdom- look I am so happy my heart is glowing again :)

Rosey-cheeked and blue-eyed cutie, Rylee! Marshall was smitten.

Thanks for coming to visit you guys!! We love you!! And to the rest of you- look at the fun you could be having with us here in California- feel free to visit. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and fun company. I wish I was your fun company but alas. Please explain glowing heart.

Dashley said...

Mom- the glowing heart is my reflective sweater

Brown Family said...

So glad we got to visit. Hopefully we can again ... especially if we time it not to be the same week as everyone else. :)