I have been wanting to post a blog about all the projects I have been up to over the last couple months and am finally getting around to it. Some other first year wives helped me remember how to sew and taught me to make these type of bags: I have happily made 6 already.
Another talented friend taught me to make jewelery. This is as far as I have gotten, but I think it would be a very fun hobby to get into.
This was my first project on my sewing machine from Derek- a blanket for Marshall. At the rate I have taken on it (slow), it will hopefully be finished by Christmas and be a great present for him as he loves to snuggle with soft things.
This is a blanket I crocheted for a friend's baby. It turned out alright, but mostly it helped me learn what works and what doesn't work with crocheting.
Derek brought this table into the marriage- a present from his Dad who got it at a garage sale. The top was cut up like a cutting board and even though many people have made comments on that it didn't occur to me we could do something about it. Well enter Jamie and Justin and we figure out we can refinish it! So here are Derek and Justin sanding it down getting read for the stain which looks excellent. We still need to put on a couple coats of polyurithane (spelling?), but the stain really does look pretty. I will post a picture when it is done.
My final picture is of my biggest project. Marshall keeps me very busy. His new thing is to take only one nap a day and go to bed later. Just when I think I have a schedule worked out he changes it. Guess thats normal but still not very easy. And he is at that age when he wants to get into everything, know exactly what everything does, and climb up onto everything and anything. Lots of everythings in that last sentence. Anyway, life may be getting tougher but I just read the talk by President Monson given this past conference about finding joy in the journey and one of the biggest things I have learned is to enjoy every minute. So every time my boy gets upset I try to look at it from his perspective and then feel happy that he is learning new things. The process is making that work everytime and I comfort myself with the thought that I am TRYING to be a good mother and do what is best for my precious one. Here he is on his favorite toy (bike from Aunt Hilary) with his favorite best friend, Cheetah (from Grandma Ross). Too bad he isn't smiling because a smile is more true to life - he really is a jovial little bubba, as we like to call him, with a great little blooming personality.



7 comments:
Wow you have been busy with lots of projects, i love trying new things! I'm excited to see what your kitchen table will look like when it's done!
I love your projects! I don't know where you find the time. Marshall is so cute! I love how much he loves his Cheetah. I hope my baby has something that she loves.
I am impressed with all of the projects. Cheetah and a bike - life couldn't get much better.
Kudos to you for having the energy to take on extra projects. I've found that just when you get used to a routine that, that's about the time they decide to change - especially with food likes/dislikes - at least that's how it is with Makenna.
I feel you're pretty ambitious with all your projects. :) I pretty much keep my "projects" to keeping the kids fed and in clean clothes. I squeeze in a little scrapbooking, too, but that is easy to do here and there ... I always think one day I'll get to more things ... and maybe I actually will. If not, so be it.
Have I mentioned how much I love those bags? Hint, hint... Meanwhile, I've decided I wish Derek had gotten me a sewing machine when he got yours for that amazing price. Let me know if you come across that deal again, will ya? I'll never be as creative as you, but I'd like to have a chance to do something. Very impressive, Ash!
Those are really cute, Ashley. I especially like the bag. Nice work.
Post a Comment