Derek had a week and a half break between tests so we took advantage of the time by going to an Angel's baseball game and D-Land! We have to take advantage of the time because a professor at the school told his class that in terms of hardness this quarter was a 15%, next quarter a 30%, the 3rd quarter an 80%, and starting next year as a third year it jumps to 100%. Rougher times to come but thank goodness Derek is lovin optometry school! Here he is with our big boy (his 11 month birthday!) on the top level of Angel stadium.
We went with a bunch of friends and here we are with Shonee and Aaron.
In his baseball jacket- I couldn't believe the weather got a little chilly. It was a nice change.
We let Marshall play in the grass while waiting in the twirling rockets line.
Quick shot with Mom.
And here is the rocket- our first time ever on this ride and most definitely our last. I was so sick afterword. I felt like how I felt every day of my pregnancy with Marshall. We stopped in front of the castle to let the nauseousness pass. Aside from twirling rockets the night was awesome.
Watching Arleigh has been going really well for me but my little Marshall man is struggling with it. He is already a feisty little thing- hitting her when she gets close, stealing her toys, biting her toes (and he now has 3 teeth!). I never expected my kid to be the bully. We figure it is good for him as he won't always be the only child. Any ideas to teach an 11 month to be nice?
Here he is being clever and naughty! He figured out he can climb up on things to get objects he isn't supposed to have. And I thought we had child proofed- HA! I have learned that nothing is safe.
Aside from being mischievous he is still our sweet boy and I suppose we will keep him. :) That smile alone convinces me.
Thanks Aunt Hilary for the bike!
One more month til his Birthday! A whole year? Can't believe it. Crazy.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Ash I finally found your blog. It was fun to see the pictures of Dad and Marshall. He sure is getting big. It is fun to see him in my boys clothes. You sure get to do some fun stuff in CA. I miss you guys!
I don't think anyone expects their kids to do some of the things they do!!! You just have to keep giving consequences. I started doing time-out with my kids at that age, and it already worked. I was shocked.
As for school, it may get harder, but it doesn't always feel that way if you're enjoying it. So hopefully that'll be the case and although the coursework gets harder it won't feel harder because it's what he loves! :)
See you in two weeks!
Marshall sure is a big boy! I love the picture of him in his little jacket! He looks so adorable! The pictures of California look beautiful!
We had so much fun at the game! Thanks for informing us about the great deal! That little Marshall is way too cute!
So what were you doing way at the top of Angel Stadium? Just thought you'd walk up and get a good pic, eh??! (wink, wink) It always makes me happy to see you guys are getting out and making the most of your time in California. I'm also very happy to see that Marshall is enjoying the bike we passed his way!
This song just popped into my head. "oh, do you know the Marshallman, the Marshallman, the Marshallman, oh do you know the Marshallman that lives in Associated laneeeeeeeee?" Well, yet I do and how happy it makes me.
Fun. Marshall has changed so much since we left. He is like a big boy now. That means he probably is starting to make big boy messes. So exciting.
Your little guy is getting SO big!! He is so so cute!
Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun times while you're in school! It reminds me of some of our adventures while we were in FL.
Post a Comment