CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Change is Good

I am not in the habit of saying the phrase "Change is Good," but recently, upon careful consideration, I have decided it could be true! For instance, my son is growing up so fast he is doing naughty things like climbing up on high furniture (I would include a picture but just as quick as I can take it he wants to climb off the furniture) and he can get from point A to B faster than I could walk there. One might think this is great cause for anxiety but Marshall has also grown in cuteness and can now do fun tricks like say, "mama." So, change is good.
.
The biggest change happened last week when I started watching the sweetest little girl. Her mother is an optometry student so my watching her has been a blessing for us both. She gets to see her daughter a lot more often because we live so close to the school and we get a fun new playmate that helps us pay for my jaw. I must admit though, that I don't get this whole day care providing role. How can I devote so much time and energy into a child only to say goodbye at the end of the day and eventually for good? She is precious to say the least, and Marshall and I are enamored by her.
.
They were looking at each other through this chair but when they saw me whip the camera out they came full speed toward me and I caught this adorable pic.

There have been some other welcome changes too. Many know that our little guy is one fast paced dude but now has taken to (on rare occasion, but still occasion!) laying down and playing with his toys. BOO-YA BABY change is good! He is also growing in inches (still in the 90% for his age) and now fits into the overalls we bought him a few months ago. I guess I am so excited because we rarely buy him clothes as he gets all his clothes as hand-me-downs from cousins (thanks times ten cousins!) Just look at this happy kid.
You gotta love him.

Another change came in the form of a surprise. Just about every day I enjoy cooking a meal, but sometimes it is nice to pretend you have money and go out to eat. Since spending money on things that aren't necessary is taboo in our home, it doesn't happen. But Saturday was a particularly hard day for me and Derek suggested that we go to Olive Garden (my favorite!) which put a much-needed smile on my face. My thoughtful husband.
Marshall enjoyed it too and ate some of a savory bread stick.
The moral of this story is that I have thrown anxiety out of the window and breathed in the fresh air of change. Seriously, I feel very blessed to get to watch two special spirits every day while still keep busy with projects. And at the end of the day I get to spend quality time with my best friend. :)




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change is almost as good as Olive Garden. :)

Linds said...

Sounds like you have a busy great life! Change can be good! Way to look at the positive side of things!

Brown Family said...

So glad you're enjoying a little girl while earning bucks to fix your jaw. I remember Hilary having a similar "adventure" while she babysat my little Tyler when I worked full time. If I'm remembering right, both babies LOVED the sound of them spinning the wheel on TPIR ...

Hilary said...

Way to kick Satan in the backside and look for the blessings in your life! I can see so many things Heavenly Father has put in your path to help you through your time in beautiful California -- including a really cute little girl. How fun for Marshall to have a playmate. And speaking of Marshall -- he looks like he might as well be two years old with as big as he looks (especially in the last pic with you holding him). Wow, my little baby aint so little any more... I love you Ash! (And you too Derek for taking such good care of my little sis and your sweet, adorable son! You're a super great husband and father!)

Holly said...

Love the new pics. Marshall is a doll. One of those pictures looks just like baby Derek (to me). Even though it's months away I'm getting excited for Christmas, can't wait to see you guys!!!

Heidi said...

I love change! Change always makes you think and evaluate what is really important. I've decided that the gospel, family, and education (not just formal) are extremely important to me and that by no means should they ever lose their rank on my priority list. Other things can shift as you go, as long as you have a sure foundation! I'm glad you've got one too! Likes and loves from Heidi!

Heidi said...

By the way, I love your pictures and all of your journaling. I miss seeing you and I wish we could get together and see our little boys playing and being crazy together. But I'm not complaining because we do get to stay close through blog reading. I'm so happy for you and your wonderful life!

Anonymous said...

Hey I just wanted to say hi! I found your blog trough the grape vine-thanks again for having us over to eat last week, it was fun. Let me know when you want to do a craft project or if you ever just want to hang out!

Matt and Jessica said...

I LOVE THE HAIRCUT & GLASSES. you guys are stylin!!! no but really before i read down to where you said you gave him a haircut i said, "oh i like marshall's haircut" it is super cute and your glasses are too. so it was shad's wedding crazy huh. i'm so glad your dad got to go visit, so fun. marshall just gets cuter and cuter, i just don't know how it's possible. sorry this is so long.