CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What do YOU do on YOUR birthday!?

D turns 31 today!!  Is getting "older and wiser too" on his mind?  Goodness no!  He is thinking about March Madness!  We ate yummy scones for breakfast, sang a happy birthday song, and then got to work!  When they started filling out brackets everyone was smiling and happy.  It didn't take long for Elise to wonder off (and wake up Joel) and Marshall to keep asking, "how many more teams do we have to choose Daddy?"  And keep asking and asking and asking

Elise's game face:

Marshall's game face:

Joel's game face:
 

Derek's game face:

Ashley's game face:

Looking at all these game faces it occurs to me that we might need a little work at coming across more tough before the big games! :)

In our free time we like to sit around and "think" about which team will win?  Thus, Joel's "thinking face."  Yes, people. We do take March Madness very seriously around here.  

I personally think that Derek was meant to be born in this mad month.  He LOVES basketball!  He fits right into my basketball-loving family.  Every year my Dad sends out a "news letter" of sorts talking about predictions and perceived thoughts of each family member concerning who's bracket will win in our family's march madness face-off.  I GUESS I will mention that MY FAMILY has won 3 years in a row.  :)
As for this year I am going to go with Gonzaga. We will see...

I had to share this next little gem with you all.  Here are two of the darlings reading scriptures with their daddy.  They sure LOVE him!  Happy Birthday D!  Sorry I don't get to spoil you the way I want to but the three buddies preventing it sure are worth it, aren't they?


2 comments:

wyomingmom said...

You are so right. March is perfect for Derek's birthday. If we aren't at Disneyland we might as well be filling out our brackets. Does Grandpa Ross get to fill out Elise's?

Hilary said...

Three years in a row? Really? I didn't realize that. I'm thinking I should have peaked at your sheets while we were over there. :) Happy Birthday, Derek!