CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Joel's Blessing

We were able to have Joel blessed in Riverton right before we moved.  My parents and Derek parents as well as some dear neighbors were able to make it.  My Mom bought Joel a blessing outfit and he looked so handsome!  She also crocheted this blue blanket for him to be wrapped in.

Happy (and slightly overwhelmed with 3 kiddos :)) Parents

The gang: M is of course pulling a silly face!

Poor Joel was really fussy so we had him swaddled before we took this picture.  Though he is cute whether he cries, smiles, or stares blankly.  :)

My parents came and then stayed to help pack!

I LOVE baby blessings.  My kids blessings or any Joe's blessing.  Because the truth is that there is no ordinary Joe.  Babies are truly angelic creatures.  The spirit is so strong and not only do priesthood surround the sweet child to give him a blessing but I am just sure a host of angels does too.  

I recorded Joel's blessing and it was very special.  The week we moved to Spanish Fork Joel got RSV pretty bad and scared me to death!(That post to come) Anyway, Derek gave him a blessing and in that blessing I again felt the spirit so strong.  One thing he said was that Joel had qualities unique just to him and I was again reaffirmed that he is a special soul who is going to greatly bless our family and all those who get the opportunity to be around him. WE LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!!!

1 comments:

wyomingmom said...

You are so right. Joel is one special little guy, besides being so cute.