I love Riverton, Wyoming. I love the people, the small town feel, our house (the Peden's home), the numerous city family-oriented activities, my in-laws, my friends... Before we moved a few friends threw me a baby shower. I didn't get a picture of Cindy McDonald but she and Jessica Overy hosted it. We played fun games, ate yummy food, visited, and I enjoyed some very thoughtful and kind gifts.
Joel was colicky for the first few months of life so I held on my lap for most of the shower and rocked him while the laddies looked on admiring him. We played 3 different games. The first was a blindfolded pick the safety pins out of rice bowl game. I wasn't good at that. The next was a see who can dress the baby doll the fastest with thick gloves. I was really good at that. Then everyone drew a picture of a baby while holding the paper and pen on their heads. I had to pick the baby I thought looked the best. That was a good laugh.
I feel really blessed to have had the opportunity to live in Riverton. Like I said, we met some WONDERFUL people and I made lasting friendships. I have never felt so comfortable in my own skin as I did in Riverton. Hopefully I can carry that with me to Spanish Fork. Thank you all Riverton buddies for making our year and a half so AWESOME!





1 comments:
What wonderful friends you have.
Post a Comment