CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Welcome Melissa Lee Roberts!

Ever since I found out Hilary was expecting a baby I knew that this little soul was special. Hilary and I are really close and I immediately felt close to her baby. Melissa is named after an ancestor that Hilary has felt a connection with making her all the more precious. From the beginning I planned on being present at the birth so when Hilary called and said things were progressing my family jumped in the car and headed right to Spanish Fork- the kids slept most of the way.
The first few days we went for lots of walks and tried to keep Hilary busy and on her feet. Anytime we needed something from food storage down stairs we all joked that Hilary should get it. Poor girl. She was pretty tired and more than ready to have the babe.
Hil's contractions were constant so she went to the hospital and was far enough progressed that they moved things along. They didn't care how many people were in the room so Hil loaded it up- there was Lee, Aly, Linz, me and Hil's best friend Denise. Hil had an epidural so we laughed and talked right up until Melissa debuted.
Watching the birth was AMAZING! I won't go the TMI (too much information) route but I will say (again) it was AMAZING!! Thank you Hilary for allowing me to come and be apart of that! You are one hot Mama!



Elise had to wear a visitor pass so no one thought we were stealing her from the peds ward.
Bringing her home-

Elise and Marshall were so cute meeting Melissa. Both just adored her. Elise kept trying to grab her and "chatter" at her. Marshall still asks about Melissa and wants to make sure she is doing well.


Thank you Roberts family! Brynne and Morgan you are already such great big sisters!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new neice! Babies are always so happy. When did you move to Salt Lake? we should get together some time :)

GramaKat said...

Thanks for keeping your blog up to date. I love the pictures. How could any baby girl have such big beautiful eyes as Elise? Melissa is a pretty baby. I like the way she looks up at you in the one picture. And cute Marshall, need I say more?